All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HOME FROM BLOOD WORK NOW QUESTION ABOUT ACACIA
      #331866 - 07/01/08 11:33 AM
Barbara R.

Reged: 06/29/08
Loc: Bernardsville,New Jersey

Results will be in Thursday about Celiac. Dr mad at me for not taking Fiber but I hardly have anything in my system to begin with.Do any of you IBS sufferers think I should take the Fiber even though I'm eating very little?? He said it will firm things up.

Had bagel in car after Dr visit and white meat chicken a few nmins ago. Have to run an errand so wish me luck. Take my Golden Retriever with me for support. Will return soon to hopefully learn what you think.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HOME FROM BLOOD WORK NOW QUESTION ABOUT ACACIA new
      #331902 - 07/01/08 08:12 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi Barbara!
I would say that one of the main reasons why you are having such a hard time is because of the small amount of food you are eating. I used to think that if I just dont eat much of anything, how could I have "D"?! But trust me, your body finds a way! Needless to say, you eat then have "D" so you dont want to eat but then you still have "D" and thus resulting in the cycle. So that being said I would definetly take a fiber supplement. At least that way you are getting some soluble fiber in your system. I take Fibercon and it seems to help. I havent tried the Acacia powder yet... but people rave about it on here. Good luck with everything!! I too was tested for Celiacs- having the bloodwork come back positive but then the endoscopy being negative... go figure! Keep us posted!

Stef

Re: HOME FROM BLOOD WORK NOW QUESTION ABOUT ACACIA new
      #331915 - 07/02/08 05:20 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Very good advice. My experience exactly. Mix the fiber in hot herbal tea (peppermint or fennel) and drink it. Eat a little something (very safe - like cream of rice) every 30 minutes to an hour. It takes time to build up to regular eating scheduled of 4 or 5 meals a day. It also takes time to get over the fear of D. Hang in there Barbara from another Barbara R!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

BARBARA R. TO BARBARA R. new
      #331919 - 07/02/08 09:57 AM
Barbara R.

Reged: 06/29/08
Loc: Bernardsville,New Jersey

Thanks for the info. Very helpful and I appreciate it.
Enjoy your day.
BR

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1526

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review