All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anyone w/ Anxiety + Jitteriness?
      #331827 - 07/01/08 05:29 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I'm sorry to be on here so much w/questions, but it's such a relief to find people who understand. I don't want to magnify or glorify my symptoms, but honestly I think it must be a "plague of locusts" next! LOL... Seriously, I DO know it can always be much worse. The last 4 days have been hellish - I can't tell if it's IBS or stress the line is too fine... BUT - does anyone feel like they are about to come out of their skin or when having a "D" attack feel like they could pass out? I even wake up at 3:00 or 4:00 feeling like that + dry mouth and frequently have to run to b/room. Someone said it could be my blood sugar? Any ideas welcomed. I was diagnosed years ago with a generalized anxiety disorder and take Xanax, but its scary when even that doesn't work. I won't to get well, like everyone else...enjoy the "husband of my youth" - married 40+ years and my granddaughters. I keep praying and praying and will until I'm healed. Bless you all and my prayer is for everyone on this board to be completely well!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone w/ Anxiety + Jitteriness? new
      #331835 - 07/01/08 07:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I too have issues with anxiety. Have you considered an antidepressant? Check out the library section and read up on why ad's also help IBS and they could help with your anxiety as well. Have you considered seeing a counselor to help work out coping strategies? I find my shrink to be very helpful and I have learned to cope much better despite many physical problems.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#331847 - 07/01/08 09:51 AM
GaGa

As my doctor says... if someone is going to have a reaction to something, it's me! LOL All SSRIs (new ADs)have the opposite affect on me - cause panic attacks. Last one sent me to the ER and the Dr. said no more SSRIs. The "things" I have been diagnosed w/ are like a grocery list, but like you, I'm trying to take it one day at a time and not let the "what ifs" overwhelm me. I'm blessed and fortunate to still be working, according to my doctors - very high functioning for someone with CFIDS (now listed as an AI disorder), Fibro, possible leaky gut, chronic candidiasis, kidney disorder, "and the list goes on.." LOL You learn to be thankful for each day you wake up and can dress yourself... As far as counseling, I've worked in mental health most of my career - now working in guidance at an alternative school (love it!), but was in counselling a few years ago - cognitive behavioral...EFT...best part was the kind, compassionate clinical psychologist who basically validated me and my feelings - like everyone else, lots of baggage, the worse being years (especially when younger, since I've dealt with this since age 12) - of being told "it's all in your head". He validated me by proving that although people may not understand your illness(s), they are in fact very real and most people would not be functioning. So, I'm blessed any way I look. Just have those days (and weeks). Praying for your total recovery too. Thanks for the response.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#331854 - 07/01/08 10:41 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey there. I suffer from aniety attacks too. Who wouldn't if you're constantly running to a bathroom!
I've found that eating the diet here really controlls my symptoms and relieves my anxiety.I used to wake up in the night and rush to the bathroom too and I also had panic attacks while sleeping.I think they call those night terrors.I think I was awake and someone was in the house but I couldn't move or talk. My eyes were open but I was paralyzed and then I could feel myself falling back to sleep and that would freak me out cause I thought we were all going to DIE!
As you can see I am not dead.(yet)
They haven't been as bad as long as my stress level is kept down.I didn't even think I ever got stressed out because I'm pretty easy going but my body tells another story.
It helps to have support from your family.
Good luck to you I hope you can get some of your issues resolved.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#331860 - 07/01/08 10:57 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Whew! You poor dear. No wonder you have anxiety! You have so many health issues that you have to deal with on a daily basis. It must really be overwhelming to you.

I have never been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, but I am VERY type A!! I stress out about everything!
Sounds like you have found a great doctor who seems to understand and validate you. That is so important! Have you tried yoga? It is very relaxing. I do it every night before bed. Seems to help.

Good luck to you!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#331870 - 07/01/08 12:43 PM
TinaL

Reged: 06/29/08
Loc: Alabama

It seems as if anxiety is one of the symptoms/causes of this horrible disease. I also worry about everything and over analyze all sorts of things. You stress that you will have an episode and you stress because you have had an episode - where does the cycle end???!!!

If you are like me it is hard to relax with small kids around who have all the energy in the world!!

#331877 - 07/01/08 02:02 PM
fancymom

Ooooo...Tina.
You are singing my song girlfriend!!

I have 2 toddlers...1 and 3. They are the busiest little guys in the world!! Where do they get all that energy?!?!

Your right, it is IMPOSSIBLE to relax with them. Some days I just have to go get in the tub as soon as my husband comes home...poor guy. I'm like "I'm outa here - clocking out honey - your turn!"

--------------------
FancyMom

Me too! new
      #331879 - 07/01/08 02:13 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

I also have two small children! Four and two - I had to start learning how to do meditation and deep breathing - not the kind where you get to sit for hours (I WISH!!!!) but more "on the spot" or walking meditation. It's been a big help, but I still have a way to go w/the anxiety and the REACTIVITY - it's the nail in my coffin. If I'm not reacting, I'm working on not reacting and that's it's on little stressor right there! GEE WHIZ!

#331889 - 07/01/08 04:11 PM
GaGa

Thank you all for your support. I also had PA's in my sleep - not fun... but that part is better, it's just the constant dread/cycle of this crazy illness. Can't make plans - the thought of trips or anything out of my normal schedule (which may be 10 hour days, which I handle fine) and I am stressed - what if I get sick and can't go? ... what will they think?... what if I can't be there for my daughter and granddaughters?... Stinkin' Thinkin' is what my former counselor called it! LOL....But, one stress management tool I had forgotten is called EFT - it's a tapping method - sounds strange - but's basically right brain/left brain - and the places you tap are the meridians in your body... I'll have to look it up again and let you know if it helps. It only takes seconds to do - quicker than meditation.... A guy was on PBS recently describing it for weight loss.....
We're gonna' win, Girls! I also feel your pain with little ones... my daughter has a 2 year old and a 6 year old - there are days when she's lucky to wash her face and brush her teeth! LOL I was a working mom, but think it's harder to be a stay-at-home mom!

--------------------

#331893 - 07/01/08 04:44 PM
fancymom

Amen, Sister!
Being a stay-at-home Mom is harder than ANY job I've ever had!! ...but, it's also twice as rewarding

--------------------
FancyMom

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2647

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review