All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
IBS and DESPERATE to hear from someone
      #331720 - 06/29/08 07:56 AM
Barbara R.

Reged: 06/29/08
Loc: Bernardsville,New Jersey

I just posted my first a few moments ago. Didn't really know if I did it correctly. I hope someone will reply. I am so depressed. I'm aware there are people who have problems much more severe but I'm in a bad way. Thanks.
O

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and DESPERATE to hear from someone new
      #331721 - 06/29/08 08:50 AM
TinaL

Loc: Alabama

I've suffered for years and am doing better now. What are your main symptoms?

#331722 - 06/29/08 09:07 AM
Barbara R.

Thank you for contacting me. Believe it or not I am leaving for a function for a few hrs. if I make it there without having to stop. I'll go into much detail when I return. I am grateful that you contacted me. Later and again thank you!
O

#331746 - 06/29/08 07:15 PM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Sorry you are feeling cruddy.

There are so many great people on this site! There is probably not a symptom you have that someone else here has not had also. You will find much comfort in that.

Hopefully your function goes well, and you don't have to spend the whole time in the bathroom!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

#331758 - 06/30/08 04:57 AM
Barbara R.

Function was Surprise retirement party for friend. 75 people sat at tables with more food than I've ever seen. I had 2 cups Cham tea and that was it. After 1 hr. excused myself and went home.

Didn't need bathroom and felt lucky.

I've lost so much weight the past few days it's scary.

#331777 - 06/30/08 08:36 AM
TinaL

I know just how you feel!!! Afraid to eat at any function or even go out with friends! I can be in the bathroom before the meal is even over sometimes!!!

I have probably suffered for about 18 years and tried numerous prescriptions and over the counter meds. What has finally helped me is 2 calcium pills a day along with Heather's peppermint pills. I take a peppermint pill before each meal (sometimes 2) and 1 before I go to bed.

I actually ate at Outback with my husband this weekend and went shopping afterward without even having to find a bathroom once!!

I went on vacation last week and instead of it being a nightmare, I enjoyed myself on a trip for the first time ever!

The calcium is calcium carbonate - I think that makes a difference.

Try it and let me know.

Edited by TinaL (06/30/08 09:46 AM)

Hi Tina L new
      #331783 - 06/30/08 10:23 AM
Barbara R.

Thanks for gewtting back to me. I'm still not 100% sure how to use this site. Anyway I'm so weak that I've decided to go out and get some chicken before I collpase. Get back to you when I return which won't be too long. I'm so far so good and did not have to use BR at all at party yesterday. Though I didn't stay very long.
I have none of the correct foods Heather suggests in my house so I am going to get those as well. More later!
O (my name is really Barbara)

PS: Keeping diary of my foods and times I eat as well. B

Re: Hi Tina L new
      #331795 - 06/30/08 03:36 PM
fancymom

Oh, Barbara...you poor girl. I think all of us can relate to what you are going through. I am so sorry. I know first hand that is total misery when everything you eat upsets your tummy, and your just scared to eat ANYTHING!

Look up some of Heather's kitchen staples. That should help you along with restocking your kitchen with some safe foods. I really like low fat Nilla Wafers...they have 0 grams sat. fat, and they are yummy.

I really hope you get back to feeling good again soon!

--------------------
FancyMom

Fancymom thanks for checking new
      #331799 - 06/30/08 04:21 PM
Barbara R.

Hi There,
Shopped and bought chicken breast this afternoon. Had a small amt. and so far so good pretzels too!
Rice Chex for the am with Organic Soy. I'm scared to death about the soy though I've had it before. I make have 2 egg whites instead. Not sure yet. Thanks for contacting
B

Re: Fancymom thanks for checking new
      #331804 - 06/30/08 04:48 PM
TinaL

Soy doesn't help me at all! If it even has the word "milk" in it I'm done for! I try to eat mostly grilled things and mostly have to stay away from red meat. Since I've been doing the peppermint and calcium, I can almost always have just about anything in small servings. I'm about to have some Pizza Hut pizza with my 6 year old (wish me luck). I can't tell you how I have suffered over the last 18 years. People can't understand why you just can't "hold it". It has been embarrassing in the past, but I'm brutally honest about my condition now. I'll tell people that I have a diagnosed medical colon problem and I'm sorry if I have to hunt for a bathroom - beats the alternative. I had a hard time when I was pregnant. Had to change my clothes a few times - luckily I was home!!! Remember to stay hydrated. Being a true southern belle, I recommend sweet tea!!

You can be in control of this rather than it being in control of you!

God bless you!

Tine L. Thanks new
      #331806 - 06/30/08 05:26 PM
Barbara R.

I have Acid Reflex and can't have peppermint HOWEVER my new best friend is Cham. tea which seems to be calming. My most favorite thing in the world was coffee till this past Saturday when I had such diarrhea was with a group of friends and was such a mess that I swore never again. Tea it is.

You're right holding it is not an option. We go when we go where ever and whenever. So far I've been lucky. As I said from the beginning I was diagnosed years ago and had very infrequent esisodes. It came back to bite me well you know where. I'm changing my life as of last week and happy to do so. I may order the Acacia. My Dr. tells me I must have fiber no matter what.

Re: Fancymom thanks for checking new
      #331863 - 07/01/08 11:06 AM
fancymom

I am glad you are doing better, Barbara. Take it easy. I know that is hard!

Soy is definitely a trigger for me, although I can eat soy yogurt...wierd, huh?? I cannot drink any kind of milk...and I have tried them all. Soy, Almond, Rice, even Goat's milk. My body just doesn't like milk.

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: Tine L. Thanks new
      #331864 - 07/01/08 11:12 AM
fancymom

Hey Barbara -
Have you tried fiberCon? I love the acacia fiber, but sometimes when I'm on the go, I take a couple of fiberCon. I seem to tolerate them really well.
At least, the fiberCon may hold you until you get your Acacia, if you order it...

--------------------
FancyMom

Re: Tine L. Thanks new
      #331880 - 07/01/08 02:47 PM
TinaL

What is the best fiber tablet for D? I tried some a while back, but must have gotten the wrong thing. My gut was mad and held a grudge for days!!!

#331944 - 07/03/08 05:53 AM

Unregistered

Barbara, I am sorry you are having such a time eating and wondering what you should eat, afraid to eat, etc. I know. I have been there. Believe me
There are times when eating is no fun,and it freaks me out on what will happen
I try eating mostly soluble fiber foods, and seems that ehlps me a lot. I amnot sure I always eat healthy as I do not eat vegies, and not much fruit as they bother me so much. If I eat fruit, I buy the apple sauce, and get the canned peaches and pears. Fresh does not alays agree. Now bananas ae great soluble fiber
I feel petty safe by eating soluble
I recently went to the hospital for a colonostopy and was diagnoisd with diviticulous and RBS of couse which I already nkew I had and then they removed a polyp and was perscribed questran twice a day, and I am doing that along with Healthers soluble fiber and it seems to be working better. The dr. told me to also take lactate befoe I eat dairy and I can take immodium everday if need be, up to 6 a day and it will not hurt me. I try not to take any immodium however as I don't want to get constipated either. It is a win lose situation
Good luck to you
Iam here if you need any support
DeeDee

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5427

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review