All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnancy Update... almost 11 weeks
      #330620 - 06/04/08 03:58 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Okay.... so I'm THRILLED that I'm pregnant. Really, I am. But I swear I've endured every freakin' pregnancy symptom that exists over the last 5 weeks!!! I've had nausea all day every day for 5 weeks now. No drugs or supplements have helped. I've now had 4 acupuncture treatments, and I thought they were helping, but yesterday and today have been really BAD days. My next appt is tomorrow (Thursday). After that, I might give up. It's very frustrating! Plus, I get headaches pretty much every afternoon, and have been for several weeks now. Tylenol doesn't work for anything. The last few days, I've started getting stomach aches, which I'm guessing might be indigestion of some sort? I don't know, but I have been burping a lot pretty much since I found out I was pregnant, so I'm guessing they're related.

The only thing I'm enjoying so far are my "new" boobs.

Why can't anything ever be simple for me? Why does everything have to be an ordeal that I must endure? Why have all my friends had easy-schmeasy pregnancies with no sickness or problems, but I've had everything possible? It's not fair! I want desperately to ENJOY this whole experience, but it's difficult when I feel like crap all the time. DH and I have had sex ONCE in the last SIX WEEKS. So he's a little frustrated too, to say the least.

Sorry, just needed to vent. Thanks for reading...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnancy Update... almost 11 weeks new
      #330623 - 06/04/08 07:17 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Congrats! The sickness may let up after a while. As fair as the gas proabley not I had gas and hertburn with my daughter pretty much the whole time tums works well. It it so worth it in the long run! take care!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#330630 - 06/05/08 04:24 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

The 1T is always tough (even on those friends that seem to have an easy pregnancy)...your body is going through so much change. A lot of the early symptoms ease up around 12-14 weeks - you're almost there! Seriously, it can go from bad to great almost over night. Most women really enjoy the 2T. You feel good, and you have a cute little belly. The first few weeks can be draining, but it will get better. You're almost to the 2T!! Enjoy it. As the 3T approaches you'll get new aches and pains

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#330632 - 06/05/08 05:31 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Well i heard that if you have alot of heartburn that means it's going to have hair. I had a bit with my third and she was born with beautiful hair. My other two didn't have any hair and I had no heartburn or gas.

An old wives tale? Don't know but you might have a baby with a full head of hair.
Good luck with it!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#330639 - 06/05/08 10:19 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

It sounds like your little one is putting you through the ropes already! Maybe it's a feisty one!

Take solace in the new boobs & I'll pray that your 2nd trimester is better. You're almost there!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Thanks, Ladies.... new
      #330693 - 06/06/08 09:19 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm hoping today is going to be better. It's my 5 year wedding anniversary! I had a really good acupuncture treatment yesterday that literally got rid of the migraine I had. So hopefully things are looking up!

You guys are SO great... thanks for caring

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#330744 - 06/07/08 11:46 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I too had every symptom. There are some you wouldn't get yet at this stage, I hope you don't get them--the list is too long! My nausea was BAD this time, but abruptly stopped at 14 weeks so just try to bear with it. And this time around my boobs are HUGE, like national geographic, which goes great with my monstrous belly, ha ha. You won't believe the changes your body will go through, but trust me it's completely worth it! And if I'm doing it the second time around, that tells you it's totally doable!! Good luck!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 585 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review