All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need help with gas !! I might finally be preggo !!
      #329941 - 05/19/08 05:58 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hi! guys

I need some serious help!! Hubby and I might finally be preggo this month but I wont know till Friday. It will be the LONGEST week ever!! Anyways, yesterday I started with this horrid gas and major rumbling on and off through out the day. And then we met my sis and niece for dinner. I had plain grilled chicken and plain pasta with red sauce on the side. Usually I am fine and knock on wood I had been feeling alot better. By the way the Prenatals with stool softners have been fabulous. My IBS-C is no longer C. Between tummy fiber and vitamins I go every morning now So my point is how do I deal with all of this gas. Is it the hormones changing and doing this? I took my 4 extra strength gas ex by 8:00 last night. So I stayed up till 2:00 I drank hot fennel teas till 10:00 and finally by 12:30 and I went down and made a heating pad. I thought I heard we shouldnt use the heat if or when you are pregnant?? But it was killing me!! That seems to relax me a nd I put my CD on of relaxing music. Hubby was already sleeping didnt hear a thing.. So all you IBS woman whom were preggo what did you do to calm down the gas?? Will this continue?? I am thinking positive that we are since I havent had this hot gas in a long time???

Thanks so much!!

Debs

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need help with gas !! I might finally be preggo !! new
      #329966 - 05/19/08 12:53 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Keeping my fingers crossed that your excess gas is from being pregnant!!! You are correct that you should not use heat on your tummy or lower back area in you are pregnant. Try some stretches, I think Heather has some yoga poses posted in the fitness board that help with gas. Or even just try taking a brisk walk, sometimes that will help break it up. I have been extra gassy the last couple of days myself and I have no idea why, definitely not pregnant here!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#329973 - 05/19/08 01:59 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Yes gas can cause lots of prolbems when your prego!!! Just try going for a walk the stirs are great for that and peppermint candy and my doc suggested no tea so I would check with yours. Good luck! The iron always make my c worse in vitimans any suggestions? Hth
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#330001 - 05/20/08 07:14 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Thanks girls for the support!! Friday seems to be the longest wait ever. I found out from the doctor that the progestrone pills I am taking can upset my stomach. So I will try to keep my choices on the milder side, which has been hard since I have had some weird cravings like for tomato's so last night we ordered from a great local place that was reccomended for a fresh tomato pies.I called and the owner said there was no gluten in the crust and he could make me one without out mozarella cheese. It was so yummy!! He put alittle olive oil and some spices Basil and oregano and thank g*d I was fine..

I will try taking a brisk walk after lunch today to try to see if that helps break it up easier. So no decaf teas? Can you have the fennel tea or decaf green tea? I have been loving celestial seasoning mint decaf green tea. Its good hot and cold. Quick a big change from just drinking plain spring water for a year now.

well thank again.. I will keep ya posted

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#330008 - 05/20/08 08:55 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

My doc said no to herbal teas. Decaf I think would be fine like the snapple rasberry white teas. I would just check with the doc to make sure there are things out there that you can't have when your prego that you would never think of hth.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#330071 - 05/21/08 03:52 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Well, if it makes you feel any better, IBS symptoms were the first symptoms I had when I got pregnant - and I mean, I had the symptoms before my period was LATE!!! So this could be a VERY good sign! I had a positive test about 11 days after I ovulated (3 days before my missed period), so you can probably start doing them tomorrow if you have one at home.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant right now, and I use bentyl for gas and bloating. It works wonders, and is totally safe to use during pregnancy. My IBS wreaked havoc during that first week (week #4), but I'm not totally convinced that wasn't just due to the stress and anxiety of finally being pregnant!! Mine calmed down after that, and I have only had to use the bentyl occasionally.

Good luck!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#330106 - 05/23/08 04:09 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Good luck with your test today! Let us know.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#330120 - 05/23/08 12:25 PM
budweiser

Reged: 05/12/08

Congratulations!! I hope you tests come back possitive1!
I'm so sorry to hear that you are gassy. I don't know what is safe anymore since I'm done with babies so good luck!!

I actually felt the best I ever have while I was pregnant. My symptoms began when I quit nursing. Good luck to you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review