Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Autoimmune Disease-Newly Diagnosed
      #329487 - 05/07/08 12:10 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Howdy-

I have just been officially diagnosed with a dysfunctional autoimmune disease; specifics are still being determined. I've gone through a bunch of testing and 40% of my nerves don't work right [if at all]. I'm already a gluten free vegan. Eat 5x/day. Low sugar. Big into exercise. Massage. Chiropractor.

Just wondering if anyone has any additional diet guidelines or what's worked for you or where to go for more information.

I'm suspecting bread/grains/process/possibly starchy foods are right out the door [there isn't too much of those left, but...].

Thanks for your help. Another issue to deal with but, hey, at least we have the diagnosis.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Autoimmune Disease-Newly Diagnosed new
      #329489 - 05/07/08 12:52 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I guess it would depend on what AI disease you have? I was thought to have had RA for several years but recently discovered I have chronic progressive sarcoidosis instead.

Some people have talked about a possible connection between leaky gut and some ai illnesses. Are you taking a pro biotic?

For me, diet doesn't affect my sarcoidosis. I am currently being treated with remicade infusions after failing all the traditional disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs.

Can you elaborate on your symtpoms and which tests they are running?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#329497 - 05/07/08 02:54 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Symptoms:

-ibs-c, fatigue, bloating, cloudy mind, can only eat 1 c of food at a time, migraines, limb numbness/tingling, hypermobility, hiatal hernia, joint pain, muscle cramps (severe).

They took skin biopies to look at the fibers. And they're testing for Ehlers Danlos (connective tissue disorder). Hope this helps.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#329504 - 05/07/08 03:35 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You have me intrigued!! My orthopedic surgeon has often tested my ANA for lupus because of my joint problems, but nothing came back. I googled Ehlers Danlos and found that I have a large number of those symptoms. And terrible joints!! My 32 year old hands match my 81 year old grandma's - knobby knuckles and papery skin. I am going to mention ED to my dr next time. I have a Hiatle Hernia, major osteo arthritis in my fingers and feet, hard lumps under the skin on my feet in the arch, and I alternate C to D with my ibs.

Please keep us informed!! I'll be interested in what you find out.

Sorry, can't help with diet tips though - I'm following the EFI diet as closely as possible, but I was able to reintroduce gluten and wheat products after coming up clear for Celiac.

Good luck and hugs!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#329535 - 05/08/08 10:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I personally know very little about ED but I know several girls who have it that post on here http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/boards/

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review