All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Just an update on health and my weekend
      #329368 - 05/05/08 10:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I had my 4th infusion, which begins month 3 of remicade last Thursday. The infusion went fine. I had started on some steroids last Monday in preparation for a wedding I was in over this past weekend. I stopped the steroids Saturday and I am glad the wedding is over!

Honestly, everything went well and we did have fun. I was a bridesmaid, along with three other girls. All us girls, the bride, her mom and grandma gathered at the brides house Saturday morning. There was one girl doing our hair, we all had cute updo's and another girl doing our make-up. We all looked fabulous!!

We had some champagne and snacks and got the bride out the door on time so she and the groom could have a carriage ride and get some pictures of just the two of them. The rest of us got to the church about an hour later and did the picture thing. Everything went pretty smoothly. Its was a simple and short ceremony, lasting exactly 17 minutes according to my hubby! LOL!!

We did just a few more pictures after and walked the 50 feet or so to the reception. We had cocktail hour and horderves. Sat down for a nice dinner, did the cake thing. The DJ started and people drank, danced and had a good time!

It was a LONG day. At 1am the shuttle bus came and drove us drunk people to the hotel. It took Will a good 10-15 minutes to pick the zillion bobby pins outta my hair and I had to shower to get all the hair spray out and wash the 50 pounds of make-up off!

We had to pick the dogs up Sunday on the way home and than napped for like 3 hours! We went to bed early last night as well. I am tired and sore but it could be much worse.

All in all, everything was good. I even danced a bit. I drank just enough to be happy and ease the pain but not so much that I was too hung over or anything. I am definitely sore and swollen but honestly not nearly as bad as I has expected. Not sure if it was from the remicade or the week dose of steroids.

I am going to take it easy this week and recover and I would like to start slowly working out a little again next week. Lets hope I continue to improve. I was a little dazed this morning getting out of the house and forget my camera but hopefully I will remember it tomorrow and can post a few pictures! I had made all of the jewelry for us girls and everyone was raving about it, a little ego boast is always a good thing!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just an update on health and my weekend new
      #329370 - 05/05/08 10:44 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Thanks for the update, Michele. Glad to hear things are going well. And how wonderful that you were able to enjoy the wedding!! I hope things continue to improve. And I hope you are able to work out next week. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#329371 - 05/05/08 10:46 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sounds like a wonderful wedding. Glad you were able to enjoy it. If I were you, I'd take it easy this week, too. {{{hugs}}}

#329372 - 05/05/08 11:31 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself on Saturday and I'm looking forward to the pictures. And I'm also glad the soreness and swelling aren't as bad as you feared - I'll keep my fingers crossed the remicade is really kicking in.

Have a good low-energy week.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#329374 - 05/05/08 01:03 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Michele it is great to hear that you are back to the world of living!! lol( Can I say that ? ) It is super to read that you had a great weekend and that all is well. Have a good recoup week!

#329377 - 05/05/08 02:16 PM
michele

Thanks Suzyq, yes, despite the stressful week leading up to the wedding and the actual event itself, I feel better than I have in the last month! Lets hope I don't crash before my next infusion!

--------------------

#329379 - 05/05/08 02:19 PM
michele

Thanks Sand, we really did have a pretty good time!! I was expecting to be really hurting after all the stress and everything but besides me feet, the rest of me feels better than I have. My chest is pretty sore as well, my hands, and hips, the usuals but I am pleasantly surprised. Its after 5pm here and I haven't taken a pain pill all day!

--------------------

#329381 - 05/05/08 02:21 PM
michele

Thanks Nuggett. It was a beautiful wedding. It was at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn MI and its a very pretty place. Even though I don't feel too bad, I KNOW I need to rest and let myself recover or I could make things very bad for myself.

--------------------

#329382 - 05/05/08 02:23 PM
michele

Thanks Mary! It was so nice to have a nice night out. Will and I got along real well and had fun. Yay!!

Hows mommyhood treating you?

--------------------

#329383 - 05/05/08 04:37 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Michele,

I'm so excited that you had a good time. Sometimes the things we dread the most end up being the most fun.

I can't wait to see the pictures.

--------------------
Janey

#329384 - 05/05/08 04:56 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yeah Michele! I am so glad that you had a good weekend. You sure do deserve some fun and it sounds like you had it! I can't wait to see pics and I am really glad that your infusions are going well and seem to be helping.

#329398 - 05/05/08 07:10 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself - that's great!! I don't think my wedding ceremony lasted 17 minutes - especially when the minister forgot one verse I wanted! I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself like a "normal" person. And that you had some great compliments on your jewellery.

Hope you have a great week! I understand the recoup and start slowly! I'm beat from 2 days of moving sale at my best friends, then having her over for dinner as we sold her pots, pans and all the dishes Saturday!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#329416 - 05/06/08 08:41 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL weekend, Michele!! I'm so happy for you that you had such a great time, and even felt pretty darn good through it all. It must be comforting to know that you can still go out and have a night on the town! Take it easy on yourself this week!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Pictures!!!! new
      #329420 - 05/06/08 09:22 AM
michele

Will was in charge of the camera and he was busy getting the stupid wedding planner to do her job properly so I don't have too many pictures on my camera but here's a couple of the better ones. I made the jewelry us girls are wearing so be sure to take a look at that!

Side profile in the church, not the most flattering but...

We had a girl do both our make-up and hair!!

Will and I outside the church

Cute one of us at the reception!

I am still really tired despite a good night sleep. I am a little more sore today than I was yesterday, mostly my feet/ankles and my chest. I am really having a hard time breathing today which tells me the sarc is still growing in there. Hopefully the infusion I had last week will kick in and help with that.

--------------------

#329421 - 05/06/08 09:23 AM
michele

Thanks LisaMarie! I was a little anxious but we really did have a good time and yes it feels good to know that I can still do that one in a while!

--------------------

#329422 - 05/06/08 09:26 AM
michele

I am all about the short ceremony!! Ours was quick as well. I have been to a couple that go on and on for an hour or more, whatever floats your boat I guess!

Glad to hear you sold most of your friends stuff!!! Definitely a recoup week!

--------------------

#329423 - 05/06/08 09:27 AM
michele

Thanks Angela! It was nice to go out and have some fun for a change!!

--------------------

#329424 - 05/06/08 09:28 AM
michele

Thanks Janey, there was definitely a lot of anxiety prior to but once things got rolling, it went A-ok!

--------------------

#329428 - 05/06/08 10:12 AM
Angela E.

Can't see them?!

#329432 - 05/06/08 10:35 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

you look beautiful girl!!! It's great to hear you are out & about. Hope your health continues to improve!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: Hmm, they show up on my computer? new
      #329433 - 05/06/08 10:35 AM
michele

Anyone else not able to see them?

Here is the link to the whole album in photobucket.
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/michelebrake/jessicas%20wedding/

--------------------

#329434 - 05/06/08 10:37 AM
michele

Thanks Kiwi, it was nice to get all dolled up for the day! My make-up comes off as soon as I get home from work and the pj's go on!!!!

--------------------

Re: Hmm, they show up on my computer? new
      #329435 - 05/06/08 10:44 AM
Angela E.

I'll have to wait to see them at home. My server is blocking me from photobucket. Sometimes beng at a school I have limited acess to sites. I did reboot my computer to see if that would help but it didn't. I am sure that you looked gorgeous!

#329460 - 05/06/08 07:53 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

You look fabulous! That dress, both the style and color, are REALLY flattering on you! And I LOVE the jewelry; you are so talented, Michele!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#329463 - 05/07/08 04:34 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Michele, you look beautiful!!! That blue really goes well with your red hair. And the jewelry is awesome too. Looks like you and Will had a great time. I hope things are still going better for the two of you. I'm sure it makes him so happy to see you feeling better.

Mommyhood is good. It is tough at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are trying to get Rebecca on a feeding/sleeping schedule. Some days are good, some days are a bit rough. Hopefully today will be a good one. I just got her to sleep again. So now I have a little me time.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#329490 - 05/07/08 12:57 PM
michele

Thanks Mary! Will and I are still working things out but things are definitely improving.

Good luck getting the little one on a schedule!!

--------------------

#329493 - 05/07/08 01:06 PM
michele

Thanks LisaMaria! I would have picked a dress with a little more arm coverage as I am not too proud of the chicken wobble happening in the back but, what can you do! LOL! I do think I will have to seek out some more clothes in that color though!

--------------------

I see them at home! new
      #329501 - 05/07/08 03:15 PM
Angela E.

Michele you look wonderful! That blue really brings out your eyes and you look glowing. It's great to see you so happy. I hope that things continue to get better for you and Will. He's so funny....He always has he same smile in all your pics that you have posted. He looks like someone famous and I can't put my finger on it....Mmmm anyone tell him that?

#329505 - 05/07/08 03:37 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You look great Michele!! And the jewellery is beautiful.
I'm happy to see a smile on your face

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re:Thanks Toady!! NT new
      #329532 - 05/08/08 09:58 AM
michele

--------------------

Re: I see them at home! new
      #329533 - 05/08/08 10:04 AM
michele

Thanks Angela! Yeah, Will usually has the same smile in all our pictures! The facial hair varies but not much else!! Believe it or not, when we met, he had hair down to the middle of his back!! As the bald spot on top and receding hair line progressed, he decided to take a pre-emtpive strike and shave his head bald. I like it better bald!! I don't think anyone has ever mentioned though that he looks like anyone famous. Although sometimes I will close my eyes when I rub his bald head and imagine Vin Diesel, YUMMY!!!

--------------------

ROTFL! new
      #329536 - 05/08/08 10:46 AM
Angela E.

That's funny! I think actually he might be a cross between Vin Diesel and Chris Daughtry from American Idol.

#329897 - 05/17/08 11:38 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Michele, you are so pretty. I wish I were as pretty as you-- your eyes positively sparkled in the pic of you and Will all dressed up!!!

I'm so glad you made it through the day!! I would stress out just thinking about attending a wedding. Aiiigh! But it looks like you made it through with flying colors!!

~nelly~

#329942 - 05/19/08 06:01 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey Michelle,

You look amazing!! That blue dress was a fabulous color for you

Debs

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: Thanks girls!! new
      #329965 - 05/19/08 12:48 PM
michele

Boy, you guys sure know how to make a girl feel good! Believe me though, I don't really look like that!! Thats what good make-up, a hairdresser and a few glasses of wine will do for you! I have no idea how she got my skin to look so nice or my eyes to stand out, I have been using the same make-up that she did and can not even come close!

I was really stressed about the whole thing but did end up having some fun and happy that its over! Now, we have two weddings in the next month that we have to go to, at least I am not in them though! I kept telling myself its an excuse to buy a new outfit but not even that is helping with the anxiety.

--------------------

#329979 - 05/19/08 02:36 PM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

Just wanted to comment on how pretty you look!

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#329986 - 05/19/08 04:20 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Michele,

You look beautiful! I love the jewelery that you made. You are very talented. The picture of you and Will looks like you were having a good time. I hope things are going well for you.

I think of you often even though I am not on the boards much. You are so brave and I am always amazed by your strength.

Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Janey

Edited by Janey (05/19/08 04:23 PM)

#330018 - 05/20/08 01:24 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I love the picture of you outside, Michele - you look wonderful. And the jewelry is gorgeous.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Thanks Everyone!! new
      #330059 - 05/21/08 10:42 AM
michele

I appreciate all the kind words, its good for the ole self esteem!! I think it helps that I actually "felt" pretty that day, I really believe that reflects in how others see you! I think most of us tend to be very critical about how we look and its tough to overcome some of that and just say-"hey, its ok I am a little chubby (or insert your own "issue") and that my hair has thinned from the medications, I can be pretty anyways!!" At least with the help of a make-up artist and hair girl!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review