All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pain after colonoscopy
      #329291 - 05/04/08 06:45 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I had a colonoscopy on Thursday. The doctor found out that my colon is severely long and tortuous (yay ). So I'm guessing it took a little more effort to get all the way through into the terminal ileum. A few biopsies were taken.

Anyway, I've been in a lot of pain since then. My abdomen is really bloated and hurts, although it's a different kind of pain then the IBS pain. I also passed a few bits of bloody mucus when I got home but no blood since then. I'm curious if anyone else had experienced this and how long did it take to recover?

I'm going to call the office tomorrow and ask about it but I'll probably get something like, "it might take a few days", plus I want to hear from actual people with experience.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pain after colonoscopy new
      #329307 - 05/04/08 11:07 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

yep, I remember waking up from my colonoscopy, & having BAD gas pains. It took a 1/2 hour for them to go away, But they did.
As for the blood in the stool, alittle is normal, I had a tiny bit after mine. Just as long as it's not a signifigent amount.
Your system might take a few days to settle back down, since it is longer. I would just monitor your progress. If you want even write down how your doing. If things don't improve inside a week, call your doctor & tell them.
Hope this helps!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#329328 - 05/04/08 03:23 PM
Zara

Thanks! I'm not sure if the pain is from gas since I hardly passed any gas since the procedure. It sort of feels like if the insides of my intestines were bruised (which they might be, even though perhaps not literally, from the scope). Today during the afternoon the pain started to resemble regular IBS pain. Now it just feel like I had a bad attack. Hopefully it will resolve over the next few days.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#329468 - 05/07/08 05:40 AM
Zara

So it's been 7 days and I'm pretty much back to normal. So I guess it took a reasonable amount of time.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 728 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review