All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Lexapro Diary.....From the first dose on.....
      #328867 - 04/25/08 05:34 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Well....I took my first 5mg dose of Lexapro an hour ago. Feeling fine so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lexapro Diary.....From the first dose on..... new
      #328877 - 04/26/08 05:56 AM
stopper

Reged: 04/16/08

Hope it works for you. Does this mean you don't think chemicals are making you sick or the dr doesn't believe in MCS? Good luck!

#328878 - 04/26/08 07:02 AM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

I was on Lexarpo for about 8 weeks (two months ago). It did have a positive affect on my IBS however, I stopped using it because I didn't like how it made me feel on an emotional level.... sort of "flat" all the time. Not tired....just sort of bla.
(although I still have a supply and am considering giving it one more try)
I discussed Heather's self Hypnosis for IBS (and anxiety) so I thought perhaps I'd try that first, before taking the Lexapro again.

I really did notice a difference in my stomach feeling "calmer" while on the Lexarpo.

I hope it helps you in feeling better!

Please let me know and keep posting with details.
Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#328892 - 04/26/08 09:08 AM
Nugget

Hi Stopper....
No, I still think the chemicals are making me sick...it's just that at this point, until I can figure out what else to do, I needed something to help with the anxiety so that I can function better. I'm not sure my doctor knows what avenues to take for the MCS. The Lexapro hopefully help me function better right now so that I can figure out what to do about the MCS. Ya know?

#328893 - 04/26/08 09:10 AM
Nugget

Hi Carolyn...thanks for your input. I've read that alot of people do good on Lexapro. I'm hoping for the best. It helps to know what others have gone through. It's so frustrating not feeling well.

Re: Lexapro Diary.....Day 2 new
      #328894 - 04/26/08 09:14 AM
Nugget

I had slight stomach upset...nausea...last night and got tired, but nothing extreme. This morning I'm feeling slight dizziness and lower back ache, but again...nothing extreme. I keep hoping for the best. I've read that these slight symptoms have a tendency to go away eventually. They are only short term for most people. I hope I'm most people. I experienced the lower backache before going on the Lexapro, so I'm pretty sure it's not the cause. I've had kidney stones in the past and it sort of feels like that...hope not. I don't need that to deal with right now, too. Also have a slight sore throat today....don't think that is the Lexapro either....just fighting a "bug" probably. It can never be just one thing. Ya know? When it rains it pours. Will take my second dose tonight.

#328912 - 04/26/08 12:06 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I had some nausea with Lexapro for about a week when I first took it. I also was very tired on it and switched from takiing it in the morning to taking it at night. These sypmtoms all went away. Hope it works out for you.

#328917 - 04/26/08 01:44 PM
Nugget

Thank you Angela. I am taking it at dinner time. The nausea isn't real bad, thankfully. How long have you been taking it?

#328927 - 04/26/08 05:22 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

one year this May

#328936 - 04/27/08 05:57 AM
stopper

Reged: 04/16/08

nugget, hope you're feeling better. If it doesn't work, have you considered a low dose ativan for your anxiety? I don't know if it would help your IBS symptoms or not. I only take 1/2 dose when I have vertigo to help calm me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33935

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review