All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I'M PREGNANT!!!
      #328679 - 04/22/08 03:10 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

It finally happened!! I'm only at 4 weeks, but I've already had every symptom in the book. And my IBS is wreaking havoc.... But I'm SO HAPPY!!

Now for the advice... All you IBS-C mommies out there, I need your help! The gas, pain, C, and bloating is unbearable!! I'm vegan, so I'm trying to get as much non-animal protein as I can, but there's no way I can do that and keep my IBS in check. I can take bentyl, but I'm really trying to avoid it if I can. Should I just not worry about counting protein grams right now or what? See, I'm barely pregnant, and already worrying about whether or not I'm eating well enough!

Luckily, the morning sickness really hasn't bothered me. I get a little bit of a sick feeling every once in awhile, but my main complaints are fatigue, and IBS. Any advice is warmly welcomed!!

By the way, sounds like I'll be having a Christmas baby.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'M PREGNANT!!! new
      #328700 - 04/23/08 04:54 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Congrats!!!! That is wonderful news. Don't stress too much about your diet. Just do the best you can. My sister pukes up everything she eats for the first 3 months of her pg...and she has 2 healthy kids and one on the way. If possible try to take a prenatal vitamin...or at least some kind of multi-vitamin. And be sure whatever you're taking has plenty of folic acid...that's key for preventing birth defects. I took a separate fa pill with 1g of fa. My dr. prescribed it. Basically, eat the best you can, but don't stress. Take care of yourself. And enjoy the journey...it's pretty amazing. That's all I can type for now...I only have one free hand...the otheris holding my little miracle

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#328709 - 04/23/08 07:10 AM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Mary! I have been taking a folic acid supplement since before I went off the pill 9 months ago, so I'm good there! And my OB/GYN said my regular multivitamin was fine, no need to switch to a prenatal and mess up my tum more. And I take Natural Calm every night, which helps. I figured I've got to be doing better than the average woman who pukes up everything due to morning sickness - thank goodness I'm not dealing with that! I think you are right, I'm just going to concentrate on eating what doesn't make me ill. From what I've read, they'll be checking protein levels in my pee practically every month, so I'm sure they'll tell me if I'm not getting enough of something, right?

Oh, I'm so excited!! Took my first "belly picture" this morning

Congrats to you, too, Mary!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Congrats!! new
      #328711 - 04/23/08 07:20 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I am IBS-C, and it is hard in the first trimester, but then it does get easier. I increase my fiber, and if it's bad maybe your OB can prescribe something for you. Just wait until heartburn kicks in, ha ha.
I wouldn't worry too much about counting protein grams. My OB did always say more lean protein, and less carbs, but you're probably doing better than you realize.
M/S COULD still kick in (for me between 6 and 8 weeks it hits), but you could also be a lucky lady and not get it at all. But if you do, know that it does pass. And if it's REALLY bad, your doctor can give you something to help.

But for now, just rest up and enjoy your great news! It will go so much faster than you think.

--------------------

#328716 - 04/23/08 08:21 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Congrats! The first trimester was horrid for me with my C but then 2nd and 3rd were great! My IBS went away during pregnancy and while I breastfed. But came back after that. Everyone is different so who knows for you. I would definately up the fiber and take colace every night. I did throughout my whole pregnancy. It helped. Good luck with everything!

Congratulations! -nt- new
      #328717 - 04/23/08 08:47 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#328722 - 04/23/08 09:39 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Congratulations Lisa Marie! Sounds like you'll be bringing your little bundle of joy home in a stocking!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#328723 - 04/23/08 10:18 AM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Snowy! How are things going for you?? Did you ever make an appt with an RE? It's funny... I ended up getting pg the month I quit doing the ovulation tests. Go figure!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#328730 - 04/23/08 12:45 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks, Angela! I'm trying to up my fiber, but it just makes me SO uncomfortable right now. I've had to up my Natural Calm a bit instead, and that seems to help. Hopefully once my hormones calm down a little bit, I'll be able to get more IF!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Congrats!! new
      #328731 - 04/23/08 12:49 PM
Lisa Marie

Thanks! Sounds like if I can make it through the first 3 months (and I've already got one down!) then it should get a little easier after that. I sure hope that is true! I found out in one of my books, that the skin supplement I take twice daily contains 25 mg of Vitamin B6 - which is also the right dose for preventing morning sickness! So hopefully that's why I'm feeling good in that department. I will certainly try to up my fiber as soon as my body is willing to let me - I just don't think that's going to be very soon!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review