All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: SEVERELY BLOATED UPPER ABS WITH PAIN new
      #327590 - 04/01/08 12:38 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

My GI pains and bloat extends from under my boobs to my bottom and all places inbetween. All the upper gi stuff (GERD, hiatal hernia, gastritis occurred after the gallbladder was removed). I've been on acid blockers for about 5 years. First prevacid and now protonex. I think it is time for a switch as it is not working that well. My GI said you usually have to switch every few years. But it is the pits when you can't sleep because you have to sit up with the pain. At least when it is the lower gi tract you can lie down with a heating pad.

I think it would be great if we only paid doctors who actually helped us. I think they used to do that in China or some place. Don't ya just love it when they say, "sorry, but I can't help you"? What were you taking for H. pylori and what did you have?

I'm trying to get up the nerve to get pregger pants. Everything hurts when I blow up. And I guess it would be inappropriate to go out in my nighties. No bra, no panties, just my long tee shirt type nighty. The most comfortable thing in my wardrobe. Even though it covers everything up, I'd probably still get arrested for indecent exposure. I'm 65.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#327591 - 04/01/08 12:51 AM
Susie2

Hi Binok,

So nice to hear of another older painful big belly beauty. I think we should just bite the bullet and get preggo pants and those tight tee shirts that emphasize the belly and say we are medical miracles.

I've decided that the pain that is worse is the pain you are currently having. Bad night for me tonight. My own fault though - ate a couple pieces of gooey frosted chocolate cake. But sometimes it doesn't matter if I am good as good can be, the pain and dysfunction doesn't let up.

#327647 - 04/01/08 07:27 PM
binok

Reged: 03/22/08
Loc: CT

susie,

tried to reply this am but, my computer is going bonkers. can't use my uppercase keys and the computer does what it wants and not what i want so; if you loose me or my computer quits and you don't hear from me you will know why. i love your replies. you are so right about doctors. i'm on nexium twice aday.doesn't help much. been on it for years. when i'm home i'm in my nighty. can't stand clothes. too uncomfortable. if i could go out in my nighty, i would be so happy. i've had three imbilical hernia surgeries so far. no belly button left. so afraid to eat. never know when a certain food will cause me gas or not. by the way my name is really lucy. tried to use it but it wouldn't work so i used my hubbies middle name. had coconut sorbet last night. big mistake. thought i would die with the pain.

#327651 - 04/01/08 10:59 PM
Susan S

Reged: 03/27/08

Oh thank God somebody knows what those crazy pains feel like. When I had my first bad one my husband took me to the ER, they put me thru heart test. It took a year and us going 3 hours away to find out it is IBS-C. I do find that I only get the bad pains when I am constipated for a few days. I spent 2 days at the hospital this week (they could not get me to go, enemas, "bomb cocktails, nothing helped, and finally after following the guidlines here I was able to get relief.
Bloating, I am 33 and always look pregnant! Do altoids help?

--------------------
A strong fish swims against the current.

#327660 - 04/02/08 06:26 AM
Susie2

Hi Lucy,
Good to hear from you. My computer goes offline often. It is frustrating. I'm on a network with my husband's computer. Our DSL connection is paid for by his company. I am thinking of getting my own server. I also blow out computers before their lifespan. If I get the extended warranty, they suffer a major coronary of something right after it expires. My DH fashions himself a computer whiz - he does work in Information Technology, but he is more on the info side than the tech side. Me, I am a ludite. All electronic devices go beserk with me. I can only use a cell phone for 5 minutes before it gets blazing hot. Tape players break. CDs aren't quite so bad although I had to have my car one rebooted when the battery went dead as the reboot code didn't work. Good thing I have a good relationship with the assistant service manager (he should be the manager) as he did it for free - usually costs $100.

I am beginning to think this upper gastric pain is something else. There was a post about some cartilage problem recently. I'll try to find it. I took two protonex and a bunch of tums yesterday with no relief. Also wondering if other meds could be causing some of my problems. I could open my own pharmacy.

#327691 - 04/02/08 04:54 PM
IslandBride5

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: Eugene, Oregon

Yes! I am on day 2 of the IBS Diet (french bread, soy, light chicken and veggies, etc.) and am suddenly starving with a headache. I take a peppermint oil capsule 1 hr before a meal (lunch and dinner), acacia powder 2x a day and drink tea (pepp., fennel) also. Eating this way is really hard but I am starting to feel human again and only after day 2! I am truly hoping to find peace with my stomach and eating habits! Like both of you I have been to the ER, GI docs a few times, etc. only to find out it was something that no one knew much about until I found this website and books! Please keep me in your email as I need friends who understand truly what we go through. Hang in there ladies and share, share, share!!!

--------------------
Meet my sweet dog Marley!

#327726 - 04/03/08 12:42 PM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

I remember when i was 15 telling my doc i had pain just below my breastbone where the ribs meet and asked what physical part of the body was there - His reply - "not much." Now i know I'm not the only one with the upper bloat! I can't beleive all these years i was led to think i was making up my upper pain!

#327729 - 04/03/08 02:08 PM
IslandBride5

It is amazing, isn't it? I have gone to many docs who told me that I have IBS and to eat 25-35 gm of fiber a day. I did and boy was I in pain! They really had no clue the true form of how it should be eaten! I am on day 3 of strict solulable foods and feel pretty good. I have IBS-C and have not noticed a difference there yet but I am only on day 3. How long have you (all of you) been using Heather's products?

--------------------

#327745 - 04/03/08 07:32 PM
binok

Reged: 03/22/08
Loc: CT

How do you know what foods to start with on this ibs diet and how much and for how long? I don't know how to proceed with this diet! Can you give me some Idea? I'm IBS-A. I can't eat alot of fiber either.

#327785 - 04/04/08 11:26 AM
IslandBride5

You should read Heather's book (First Year) and this will tell you to start out eating only solulable foods for a few days to stabilize your GI and then slowly include more insolulable veggies and over time you will know how your body reacts to certain foods or quantities and you can keep it stabilized from there. I am on day 4 of solulable foods. I am doing okay but was a coffee drinker and so in place of that I drink 1 cup of Chai Tea (which has half the caffeine) and that has worked okay. I am also taking peppermint capsules twice a day and including Heather's acacia powder twice a day (1 tsp each). I drink fennel and peppermint tea. My GI and stomach feel pretty good at this point but I am IBS-C and that hasn't improved yet but at least I am not bloated! Read the book - that is were I learned every thing so far and continue to read the community boards - they are so helpful! It is so nice to know there will be a better life for me and my stomach and also to have other people to chat with about it!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16955

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review