All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
SEVERELY BLOATED UPPER ABS WITH PAIN
      #327497 - 03/30/08 07:12 PM
soulful

Reged: 03/30/08
Loc: Southgate, USA

Hi! My name is soulful and I just joined. So happy to find this forum.
Tonight I am so severely distended in the upper abdominal area that I just want to scream. It is painful! I was diagnosed with IBS 2 months ago. But none of the Dr.s can help me with this constant distended tummy! I am just so miserable. I work out 4-5 times per week...no weight loss, although I am just a tad over weight, but even working out does not seem to be helping this severe bloating. I am thinking seriously of going to the ER just to see if they can suggest anything. I am at the end of my rope....any help out there?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SEVERELY BLOATED UPPER ABS WITH PAIN new
      #327498 - 03/30/08 07:31 PM
binok

Reged: 03/22/08
Loc: CT

Soulful,
I thought I was the only one with thse same Symptoms!! I feel like I'm going crazy! Bloated in upper stomach all the time! Painful and gassy!! Slighltly above normal weight! Exercise daily!! Nothing works. Lifetimer on Weight Watchers and want to lose a few more LBS but, can't! Too bloated!! Help!!!! Maybe someone will hear us!!

#327499 - 03/30/08 07:41 PM
soulful

BINOK! Finally someone hears me! I look 6 months preggo all the time!!!! 6 months ago I was at a normal weight for my height, working out feeling great....then WHAM! My upper ab is rock hard and sooooooooo distended....is yours? I hate this!!!! None of my clothes fit me and I am in constant pain. Can anyone hear Binok and me???????????????????????????? I just realized I said 6 months ago I was okay...NO I can not be preggo...I am too old and went through early menopause at 36 years....no surgery...just one day...no more periods.

#327501 - 03/30/08 07:52 PM
soulful

Binok! I tried to add you to my address book and cannot, also tried to PM you...same result. Guess I have to wait to be approved?????

#327520 - 03/31/08 09:20 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Were you also tested for upper GI problems (endoscopy) for reflux, hiatal hernia, gastritis or ulcers, or for gallbladder disease or stones. An ultrasound can detect gall stones and I think there is some other test to determine gallbladder functioning. Big belly bloating is the pits. Not only does it hurt, but you look like hell while it's killing ya. At least at my age no one asks when I'm due!

#327533 - 03/31/08 10:14 AM
soulful

Hi Susie! Thanks for responding. I had my Gallbladder removed about 5 years ago. I just had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. I was treated for H Pylori, taking 16 pills a day. The Docs all say IBS and nothing they can do....think I will ask for all my money back I paid them. I just turned 59 so believe me no one actually would ask me if I was expecting! I have been up all night with a severely bloated hard as a rock upper abdomen w/pain. I feel awful today. Yes, I do have GERDS.

#327572 - 03/31/08 03:45 PM
IslandBride5

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: Eugene, Oregon

It is so nice to hear those who have the same issues. I cannot seem to get rid of the upper and lower bloating with pain and discomfort that comes and goes.........I drink Fennel tea, swallow altoids.......help!

--------------------
Meet my sweet dog Marley!

#327581 - 03/31/08 06:26 PM
binok

Hi!

You probably need to wait to be approved. You can email me if you like. Let me know and I will give you my email adress. My stomach really hurts tonight!! Don't know which is worse. Bowel or gerd! I am 68 yrs. old so no one asks when I'm due Either!! I'm kinda new here too. Whats PM?

#327582 - 03/31/08 06:48 PM
binok

Soulful,

Found out what PM means. Tried to PM you too but couldn't do it either. I had an full hysterectomy at age 37. I had Endometriosis real bad. Ate all the wrong foods today and now paying the price!! I like to drink Fennel tea. It helps the gas a little. I guess I better get back to brass tacks and stay on my diet for IBS!!

Re: SEVERELY BLOATED UPPER ABS WITH PAIN
      #327583 - 03/31/08 06:51 PM
binok

Hi!

Nice to have you join us!! At least were not alone!! I drink Fennel tea too! Does the Altoids really help?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16826

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review