All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Last day of work
      #327398 - 03/28/08 12:31 PM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I made it...I'm done with my job!!! Today was my last day. I'm retired now (at the ripe old age of 28:). It was such a strange feeling to leave knowing I'm not going back. I don't think it will really sink in until Monday. I've been so ready to quit my job for the past year, but it still feels sad. I'll miss some of my co-workers. We had a little cake/coffee gathering so I could say goodbye to everyone. Now I have a couple weeks to put my feet up and relax before I start my new career - full time mom! I have 2 weeks and 6 days until my scheduled c-section. We'll see if we make it there or if this little one decides to come early. At my check up yesterday the head was down low and I'm dilated about 1 cm. I have lots of swelling (my ankles have disappeared!), and I'm feelng very big. But it's so worth it. I just can't wait to meet this little person face to face. So many mixed emotions today as I transition from one phase of life to the next. I've been wanting this for long I can't believe it's finally here. I'll be sure to post and update and pics when the baby does make his/her debut

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Last day of work new
      #327403 - 03/28/08 01:41 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Congratulations!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! This is exactly what I want to do - be a full-time mommy. Hubby and I will start trying this summer.

Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy or girl!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#327412 - 03/28/08 03:37 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh congratulations to YOU!!! Baby will be here before you know it! I'm very envious as well. I'm only part time this year but even part time teaching is very involved work. I wish I could stay home with Serena. We just can't afford to do it right now.

Good luck to you. I'll be thinking of you.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#327452 - 03/29/08 02:01 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Congratulations Mary! How exciting! Enjoy your time off & I hope you get to meet your little one soon!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#327522 - 03/31/08 09:24 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Very exciting!! Congratulations!!! I can not believe you are so close now!!!!! Are you nervous?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#327532 - 03/31/08 10:12 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Thanks, Michele. Yes, I'm nervous. But more excited than anything. I want to meet this little person. I'm so curious what he/she will look like, act like, etc.

Today is my first day of not working. Quite strange. But I'm loving it I got my hair cut this morning. Right now I'm just relaxing. Maybe I'll get motivated and do some cleaning this afternoon.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#327543 - 03/31/08 11:57 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Good luck and enjoy that new baby!! Can't wait to see some pics!

#327587 - 03/31/08 09:12 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so excited for you! Here's hoping your baby doesn't come early so you get to enjoy these last weeks of peace, quiet, and rest! I can't wait to see pics!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 636 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1932

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review