All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: To those with gallbladder problems or have had it removed new
      #327308 - 03/27/08 09:13 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks Aly, pain on his right side and vomiting is what my husband experiences too. Its not all the time, and it had been a while since he had an "attack". But he has been eating what I eat-boring so he can try to lose weight and he cut back on pop. But this past weekend he didnt follow that and bam he got an attack. Its just frustrating cause I really wonder if getting it removed is necessary or if just a change in his diet would help. I dont know. Hes had ultrasounds and stuff but never that other test you and few others were talking about. Anyways, thanks for your help!

Stef

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#327309 - 03/27/08 09:17 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks for your help ladies! Hes gone to the ER and been through a few ultrasounds, but thats been about it. No gallstones but this really does sound like his gallbladder. He doesnt take Prevacid on a regular basis, just if he suspects hes going to eat something acidic. My husband is a big man (which may be part of the problem too) and when he says his pain is a 12 on a scale from 1-10 I know he must be miserable. Anyways, thanks again for your help!

Stef

Re: costochondritis new
      #327317 - 03/27/08 10:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

is very painful! I had it awful for over a year. Went to the er a couple of times. Couldn't wear a bra or anything tight. Nothing helped the pain. I have been ill for a few years and they now know the inflammation in the chest was being caused from the Sarcoidosis that I have.

The costo has eased up over the last 6 months or so and I hope everyday it never comes back.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#327389 - 03/28/08 10:49 AM
steff17

Reged: 03/28/08

Seriously, this costochondritis is making me nuts. Usually the #1 reason I can't get to work in the morning. I have been following the IBS cookbook and keeping my fingers crossed. I am told that it will eventually go away. Keeping it hopeful.
steph

#327395 - 03/28/08 11:39 AM
DanielsDad

Reged: 03/31/04

I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago. I had the doubling-over pain and severe nausea anytime I ate something greasy or fatty. I didn't have gall stone, but after a Hidascan, they found my gall bladder was only functioning at a fraction of what it should. My doctor told me it would only get worse if the gall bladder wasn't removed. Since then my D got worse, but I'm able to manage it with soluble fiber.

#327523 - 03/31/08 09:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I doubt the IBS has anything to do with the costo. If it gets real bad, ask your doctor for a 7 day steroid pack, that will help bring the inflammation down a bit and might give your chest some relief. The steroids never bothered my tummy but thats a possibility.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: costochondritis - wonder if that's my problem? new
      #327662 - 04/02/08 06:32 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

I've been having awful pain in the breast bone/epigastric area. Radiates to the back. I have all the GERD stuff, hiatal hernia, yada, yada, yada. IBS, the whole bit. So, is there a treatment for it or do you just grin and bear it and maybe it will go away. I take so many drugs that I'm thinking one of those might be the culprit. How is it diagnosed?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5881

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review