All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I had a salad for dinner last night
      #326428 - 03/11/08 11:03 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

An honest-to-goodness entree salad...and it didn't kill me! Haven't had one of those in about 3 years!

Yay for stability!

Yahoo!

I'm not trying to brag, but I can't think of many others who would understand my joy!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I had a salad for dinner last night new
      #326431 - 03/11/08 11:41 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

That is fantastic! I really do wonder about my own tolerance for things like lettuce. I used to order entree salds in restaurants quite frequently and they rarely gave me problems. I've been a little too chicken to try them since starting this diet, though!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#326435 - 03/11/08 12:13 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Being chicken can be a good thing.

Before I was stable, once I had a bite of pizza and maybe 2 bites of plain salad and 24 hours I had one of my more memorable attacks - stuck at work on a Friday because I was afraid to leave. Yay. I hate to think what it would have been like if I'd had more than a bite of each.

It was another 6 months before I tried a side salad with dinner and it took another 2 years before I was brave enough to try the salad last night.

Moral: There is hope, but tread carefully!!

#326449 - 03/11/08 02:54 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hurray!! I DO understand your joy! I've started eating small salads at the end of my dinner lately. It took a long time to build back up to it. I can't just do salad alone, I have to have some SF to cushion the blow!!

Kuudoos to you!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#326466 - 03/11/08 05:31 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

That's great! It's funny being C because I can't imagine not eating a salad. It helps me keep things moving! But I understand you joy. I was bad today and had a sub sandwhich with ham and some Doritos because it was a catered lunch. I didn't suffer anything from it! Must of been my lucky day!!!

#326469 - 03/11/08 05:41 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

I can do them sometimes, especially if I have some nice bread with it. Better with dinner than before though. Yesterday, however, my daughter wanted a big salad for lunch (I'm helping her as she had surgery). So I decide to risk it. Plus a friend of hers had made muffins. OMG what happened today! Don't know if it was the salad or the muffin. The muffin seemed light, but then she told me her friend loaded it with fiber to help her with post surgical C and also C from the painkillers.

I'm so happpy for you though. Didn''t that make you feel like a normal person. I've been having a rough few weeks. Probably exacerbated over my worry about my daughter.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review