All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Thanks guys:) But I'm depressed today... new
      #326573 - 03/14/08 09:43 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I hear ya. I had a mc in nov and everyone I know including my doc is pg... I am trying to get my health under control before i try again... Vitiamins don't agree with me.so I am at a lost me and hubby are fighting your not the only one having a bad day. I wish I could just go eat a large pizza and feel better! sending big hugs your way!!!!!!!!!
emmasmom
ibs-c

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#326577 - 03/14/08 10:44 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Just wanted to send big hugs to all you ladies. I know exactly what you're going through. Never feel obligated to participate in something if you're not comfortable. Baby showers are optional!! And feel free to tell people not to give you advice/not to make comments/not to tell you about their pregnancies/etc. The day before my egg retrieval for IVF my brother called to say he and my SIL were expecting...and they didn't even try. I cried my eyes out for an hour. And I told them I didn't want to hear a single detail about their pregnancy until I was ready to handle it. And I stuck to that. I didn't hear a word until I was able to tell them a few months later that I was expecting. Unless you've been through it you just don't understand what emotional and physical stress it is. I've read many places that it is comparable to losing a loved one. And I agree. You almost feel a sense of loss...a feeling of what might not be. Just know you're not alone. There is hope. And there are lots of things that doctors can do for you. Ignore people that tell you to relax (worst advice ever!!!). And just focus on yourself. And continue to write and vent. It's such a big help. Feel free to look at my old posts from my infertility journey for some encouragement. It was a long road, but I made it. And now I'm eagerly anticipating my little miracle in less than 5 weeks. Stay strong. There is hope!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#326578 - 03/14/08 10:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So sorry honey. It does suck and its ok to be emotional and upset. After 5 miscarriages and being so sick the last 3 years and now being told I have a chronic, possibly fatal disease at 37 years old, I hear ya.

Vent, cry, yell, get it out. Eat some chocolate and try to do some thing nice for yourself, like a pedicure.

Maybe you are ovulating earlier than you think?

Hugs and love

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#326595 - 03/14/08 11:49 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Just wanted to jump in here and give my support. I went through some rough times as well before having my children. I have lost 3 babies and it is tough. My dear SIL is dealing with infertility and is now coping with a m/c after doing an embryo adoption. I hurt so much for her. You all have every right to choose what to attend and what not to attend. It is not "bad" of you. I hope you find some peace and sending good baby vibes your way.

#326616 - 03/14/08 07:10 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

You guys are awesome . You're the only women I know who really understand how I'm feeling. I just can't help but look at all the pregnant women around me and think, statistically, SOMEONE's gotta be infertile, and it's probably us, knowing my luck. NONE of my friends have had trouble conceiving; most of them weren't even trying at the time!! I started feeling a little better around lunch time (Luckily I only had to put in two hours of work today), but then I went to my hair appointment and wouldn't ya know it, one of the stylists there is pregnant and I kept hearing people asking her about it. Ugh!! It's like I can't escape it!!!

I feel guilty for feeling bad, because I know a lot of you out there are going through worse (I often think of you, Michele, even though I don't jump on the boards every day), and Mary, I'm SO happy that things worked out for you! I feel selfish, but I can't help it. Oh, did I mention my older step-sister who already has TWO girls just announced that she's pregnant again?? And my two younger cousins have both had their first babies in the last four months?? I thought we were going to be the first of our friends to have a baby, but instead we're going to be the last.

Okay, enough. Nothing to be done for another two weeks - or whenever my ovaries decide to ovulate again. Could be four weeks. I'm pretty darn positive that I know when I ovulate; between the OPKs, the mucus, and the ovulation cramps, it's pretty obvious. And we're having sex every day for the week leading up to ovulation, and the day of!!! So what's going on???

Have a good weekend ladies. Thank you SO much for understanding

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#326625 - 03/15/08 10:49 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I'm so sorry your test was negative. My heart sank when I logged on and saw what you had to say. I was hoping that this was going to be the month for both of us! Last night my menstrual symptoms started so even though I'm taking the fertility drugs, I'm sure that my period is going to start in the next 2-6 days. I had so much hope this month.

I skipped the baby shower I was suppose to go to this morning. I had dreams last night that I had gone and everyone was asking me when I was going to have a baby and I ended up yelling out that I was infertile and causing a big scene. After that dream I figured I had better not go and risk making it my reality. Also, emotionally I just don't think I could take it.

I hope you get rid of the migraine and start to feel better. Trust me, I know it is easier said than done.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Lyndeigh new
      #326626 - 03/15/08 10:58 AM
Snowy

OMG- I can't imagine working in a hospital & hearing that lullaby every time. It is so bittersweet. Others deserve to have babies too, even the ones who didn't plan it or only tried once. But, we can't help but feel sad, even jealous of them. I know many others have said it, but nobody knows what it is like until they have gone through it. I realized that 1000 times over once my problems began.

I also wanted to tell you that in my experience there are quite a few steps before actually taking infertility drugs. Maybe talk to your doctor about them because months have gone by with all the testing I have had to do before I finally got to start the Clomid this cycle. Maybe she will at least agree to do some of that testing (blood work to test the hormone levels, semen analysis, HSG test, etc) before you actually hit that year mark.

--------------------

#326655 - 03/15/08 08:04 PM
Lisa Marie

Oh, Snowy, I'm so sorry.... but I'm glad you decided to not put yourself through the baby shower. I know I couldn't make it through one right now if someone paid me to. My migraine finally went away, although yesterday was an awful, awful day. Today was just as bad: cramps like you wouldn't believe. And two aleve barely touched 'em. They're finally starting to fade now, after taking my second dose.

I'm with ya, Snowy. Nice to know someone else is going through this, too How long have you been on the fertility drugs, what do they do exactly, and how long does it usually take to get pregnant when you're on them? I hope you don't mind my asking, but I know nothing about fertility drugs.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: So glad Im not alone. new
      #326656 - 03/15/08 08:09 PM
Lisa Marie

Sometimes I wonder why I bother trying to be so healthy, when it doesn't seem to get me anything!!! It's just not fair. And I can't imagine working in a hospital and hearing those lullabyes all the time... I think I'd go crazy! How long have you and DH been TTC?

Thank goodness for you ladies I feel so much more "normal" thanks to you!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#326686 - 03/16/08 04:38 PM
Snowy

This is my first month on the fertility drugs. I had to take 1- 50 mg pill on days 3-7. You're supposed to ovulate 5-10 days after the first pill. I had to go in on day 21, 22, or 23 of my cycle for a blood draw and a pelvic exam which for me was this past Thursday. The blood draw is to check hormone levels to see if the Clomid is working. If it isn't they'll up my dosage the next month. If it is, I'll continue on 50 mg for at least 3 months in a row. The pelvic exam is to make sure the Clomid isn't causing any cysts. The overall intent of Clomid is to help produce a more viable, healthy egg at ovulation. My doctor thought that I must be taking to the Clomid fairly well given my symptoms (sore breasts, constant hunger, & mood swings) but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my period again this month. The drugs are suppose to be more effective the more months you are on them but from what I've been told they also don't want you on them for long periods of time. I plan to give the Clomid 3 months on its own. If it doesn't work I'll be ready to move on to IUI.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Every since I went off the pill I have had some massive cramps myself so I can definitely understand what you're going through. We had an early Easter celebration with my family today and my nephew & niece are just getting over the stomach flu so I'm hoping DH & I don't end up with that. It seems there's always something to worry about!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17085

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review