All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: In a tough spot.. So Confused :( new
      #326477 - 03/12/08 04:51 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Good luck with the clomid. I HATED that stuff. It really makes you emotional. I think it's MUCH worse than being pg! Hopefully it does the trick for you!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Question about clomid new
      #326482 - 03/12/08 06:33 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Hi Mary! I was going to ask you if you experienced an increase in your appetite while on clomid? For the past 12 days I've felt like I could eat my arm b/c I am so hungry all the time. The only thing I can associate it with is the clomid.

Sounds like our experiences with it are similar. I have had some pretty big ups & downs emotionally which is not normal at all. I can't imagine what the bigger doses are going to do to me!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Question about clomid new
      #326490 - 03/12/08 08:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I remember being really hungry on clomid and emotional doesn't even begin to describe it, raving bitch is a bit closer to how I actually felt!!! I also did two cycles of femara which is similar to clomid but I didn't respond as well to that so than went on to the gonatropins, which are the injectables.

My girlfriend not only got pregnant and had her baby but she named her daughter Isabel which is what I had named one of my twins and she knew that. Makes it even harder.

I don't know if I will ever feel well enough to even try again. I am trying to come to terms with that but its a pretty hard thing to do. I will be 38 this summer so the alarms on my clock are starting to go off.

Maybe if I ever get well, we will adopt an older child through social services. The cost is very minimal for hard to place kids in the system and I think they consider something like age 6 to be "older."

One thing at a time right now though, I must get healthy again. I need some time to feel well before I take on the welfare of another human life.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#326496 - 03/12/08 09:36 AM
Snowy

Thanks Michelle! I googled increased appetite & clomid to be sure I wasn't inventing reasons to eat my pencils! Thank god my husband is so understanding and supportive because I know I haven't been myself the last few weeks. I'm getting tired of saying "the clomid is making me hungry/my boobs hurt/emotional, etc" so I can only imagine he is getting tired of hearing it!

Wow, that's a tough situation with your girlfriend. Did she think she was honoring your lost baby choosing Isabel as the name for hers?

I would be lying if I said that age isn't always in the back of my mind but then I remind myself that women are having healthy, fantastic babies much later in life than ever before. There is hope for you, whether you give birth or adopt. You have been through so much & I hope that you can get healthy and be a mother.

--------------------

#326499 - 03/12/08 10:07 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

As Michelle said clomid can do crazy things to you. I think I may have eaten less b/c of the GI upset it caused (I was also only a few months into my recovery from surgery for rectal prolapse...that in itself was tough). I do know a lot of women gain weight when taking it, though. I sure was emotional. And that is sooooo not me. I hardly ever cry. And there were times where I would cry for an hour and half straight about hardly anything. So not normal. I can truly say I HATED clomid. I did 3 rounds. I think I was at the highest dose (don't remember...150mg?) by the end. And I still responded very poorly. I THINK I ovulated on the last cycle b/c I did the HCG trigger shot. But my follicle was still quite small. We did IUI with it, but then found out DH has problems...and on we went to IVF. Anyway, it's not a fun drug, but if it works it's worth it. Just remind yourself that this is temporary. You'll get through it. And this is only the first attempt drug. There is a lot of other stuff out there for infertility.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#326530 - 03/13/08 04:56 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Ugh! I SO hear you about the baby showers!! I just hate going to them!! I'm sure I'll feel differently when it's MY baby shower, but I don't care. I just went to one last month, and I have another one in just under two months. They are just emotionally draining for me, and I usually try to come up with an excuse to not go. Plus, I'm going home to visit family in May, and I'm sure that will include visiting my YOUNGER cousin who had a baby in December. Not fair!!!

I ovulated for the fourth time last Monday; I plan to do a pg test tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully I'll have good news

Good luck to you, too!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: good luck lisa marie!!!! nt new
      #326532 - 03/13/08 07:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#326545 - 03/13/08 02:44 PM
Snowy

I'm glad to hear that someone else feels the same as me about baby showers. I just thought I was being selfish!

Good luck on the pg test. Let us know the result!

--------------------

Thanks guys:) But I'm depressed today... new
      #326567 - 03/14/08 07:56 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

pg was negative. Go figure. And I got my period today, three days early again, and I woke up with a migraine. I feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster. One minute I'm angry, the next minute I'm crying my eyes out. And I'm exhausted. I'm sick of this. It's not fair!! I take better care of my body than ANYONE I know, yet I still get all the health problems. Nothing health-wise has ever gone right for me, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the pregnancy thing isn't working either. I'm just very depressed today, but I knew you guys would understand. Thank you for wishing me luck, though, I do appreciate your support.

Two more cycles; then I'm making an appt with the reproductive endocrinologist. And as for the friend's baby shower in two months, unless things change for me between now and then, I'm making up an excuse to not go. I just can't handle that right now. And I just might hit the next person who tells me to "relax". Hopefully not.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: So glad Im not alone. new
      #326571 - 03/14/08 09:07 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Lisa Marie, I could just cry knowing how much I can relate to you when you said that you take care of your body better than anyone you know and yet you always get these health problems. Im the same way. I eat super healthy, take my vitamins, exercise, reduce stress, everything I possibly imagine to take care of myself, and yet it seems like Im Always sick. My family, on the other hand, stuff their faces with mcdonalds cheeseburgers, never exercise, hardly ever sleep, and fill themselves up with stress, and yet theyre the healthiest people I ever met. It makes me so frustrated, because I feel like I try, try, try and for what? Im bound to get sick anyway. I know how you guys feel about going to the baby showers. I work at a hospital, and whenever a baby is born, they play a lullaby over the intercom. I am happy that a baby is born, but it also just so depressing for me knowing that Im trying, trying, trying and yet cant seem to conceive. My Doctor wants me to wait until Ive tried a year to be put on any fertility meds . Im doing the basal body temp thing, not using any lube and keeping an eye on my cervical mucous. To me, the worst feeling in the world is when my Pd comes. I always feeling like im dissapointing everyone (including myself).

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1053 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17085

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review