All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anyone else have a heck of a time finding comfy pants??
      #325989 - 03/04/08 09:10 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Okay, I've ALWAYS had a hard time shopping for clothes - especially pants, because the waistband needs to sit JUST right thanks to this good old IBS. I always seem to be in between sizes - one size is too big but the next size down is too small. So of course I always end up buying the size too big because we all know there is nothing worse than being bloated and gassy and being stuck in a pair of pants that are too tight -

Since starting this diet I have lost 16.5 lbs - which is great - but I'm having to replace my entire wardrobe. Aaargh!!! No one understands why I have to try on 15 pairs of pants before finding one that is acceptable, so I always have to go shopping by myself. And it's always such a frustrating experience. Anyone wanna be my shopping buddy?

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone else have a heck of a time finding comfy pants?? new
      #325993 - 03/04/08 09:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hear ya!!!! My girlfriend never understund this either until she had a bout of tummy issues for about a month and had all the bloat and gas and pain that we suffer. She has never complained again about me buying pants that are too big or trying on 50 pair before finding one pair that is comfy!! When I do find that one pair, I buy it in every color and call it done! I HATE pant shopping!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#326000 - 03/04/08 10:02 AM
Erilyn

Sometimes I've been tempted to buy 2 pairs in every colour, for when the first pair wears out! You know you never find the same pants again a couple of years later.

I bought a pair of the Victoria's Secret classic yoga pants a year ago and I LOVE them. They are perfect. I should have bought more because they are so expensive (after shipping, tax, and duty to Canada) and they went up a bit this year! I keep expecting them to discontinue them, of course, so I should just suck it up and buy more before that happens!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.

#326012 - 03/04/08 11:17 AM

Unregistered

I think I have your answer! I buy all of my pants for work at NY & Co. I buy the City Knit style - they are stylish, stretchy and absolutely comfortable and best of all no restricting waist band! I think I own just about every color they have. Makes me dread our casual Fridays here at the office! Nothing is worse than a pair of jeans!

#326023 - 03/04/08 12:25 PM
Erilyn

I don't know if we have NY & Co here in Canada. I'll have to check! Reitmans (a Canadian store) just came out with a "classic comfort" pant last fall that look like dress pants but have the waistband of a yoga pant (and no button, fly, or elastic band). I tried on a pair a couple of weeks ago and of course they STILL don't sit right on my waist - so many pants seem to be lower in the back than in the front - I have a wee bit of a J-Lo thing happening in the back and I HATE it when pants slide down over your butt when you sit. Not everyone has a teeny tiny little bum.

--------------------

#326043 - 03/04/08 02:13 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Would you consider wearing maternity pants? I'm serious! The ones with the low elastic band are soooooo comfy, and if you pair them with a longer shirt, no one would ever know.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#326046 - 03/04/08 02:15 PM
Erilyn

I have thought of it! Whenever I see them in a store I always think, "oooh, that's what I need..."

--------------------

#326051 - 03/04/08 02:46 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

YES! NY&Company have the BEST pants...they are super comfy but they really do not come down at all. The stay up (thank goodness) and that really makes these pants even better! I bet you might be able to order them online? They come in small, med, large..etc...

--------------------
IBS-A

#326053 - 03/04/08 03:16 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Have you check out Old Navy's yoga pants? I love mine. They have a couple of different waist bands. I like the wider waistband myself. Other than that I'm a Reitmans and Cotton Ginny shopper. For work, I buy a lot of skirts that fit loosely so I don't have to worry about my tum. I have 1 high-waist pencil skirt that I absolutely adore (and I think I look pretty good in!) but it has to be a good tummy day for that one.

Best of luck!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

NY & Co. new
      #326063 - 03/04/08 03:57 PM
Erilyn

I checked online and there are no NY & Co. stores in Canada. The closest one to me is in Mt. Vernon, Washington. I doubt I'll be going there anytime soon!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review