All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Need Baby Gift Suggestions
      #325562 - 02/26/08 02:10 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

My niece had a baby boy the end of December and I still haven't sent a gift. She is rather well off with two sets of well off grandparents who no doubt have bought this baby everything possible. I was thinking along the lines of books for babies or something she might not have. Probably she is overloaded with clothes and blankets and all that stuff. Any suggestions. It has been awhile since we've had a new baby in the family and I have no idea what's out there. Lots of wonderful stuff, I'm sure. So all you moms, what do you get someone who probably has everything?

Aunt Susie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need Baby Gift Suggestions new
      #325563 - 02/26/08 02:16 PM
Kimberley321

Reged: 01/21/08
Loc: London, UK

In the UK we can get gift sets which contain (non-toxic) modelling clay with a stand so the mom can make imprints of their baby's hands or feet. This is a personal amazing gift to keep forever. If you can get something similar in the US this may suit someone who has everything

#325565 - 02/26/08 02:32 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Susie...
One of the very first baby gifts I gave was a fluffy soft stuffed animal. I received the most wonderful Thank You note saying that it was the only stuffed animal they had received and it was already a favorite for the baby. I think in the gift giving for new babies everyone gets concerned about giving clothes, diapers, the essentials. People forget, however, that the comfort which a stuffed toy can bring is also essential and often overlooked.

#325566 - 02/26/08 02:34 PM
Susie2

Oh, this sounds wonderful. Now, where could I get such a thing? Does it come in package with instructions? What kind of store in the UK sells them? Toy store, baby and children's store, teachers supply store? I have all those nearby. Online?

#325570 - 02/26/08 02:57 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Susie I've come across these imprint kits several times when searching for gifts for my friends' twins. Of course I can't remember a single place that I've seen them! I'll do an internet search and see what I come up with!

Here's one:
http://www.castingkeepsakes.com/baby-footprint-kit-baby-handprint-kit-c-6.html

If you just search for "baby footprint kit", it actually brings up a lot of results!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Edited by Erilyn (02/26/08 03:00 PM)

#325572 - 02/26/08 03:01 PM
Kimberley321

I'm not sure which store would sell them but on-line try this link for amazon.com as they have a really good selection of clay and paint types. Failing this you could try eBay. Happy shopping

#325648 - 02/27/08 01:41 PM
Susie2

Thanks for the help. Now, I wonder if I could do my dog and my cats feet. Hee hee. They'd never stand for that.

#325651 - 02/27/08 02:08 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I did my dog's paw!!! LOL. I needed a souvenir of him after I moved away and had to leave him with my sister (LONG story). But they do actually make specialized kits for pets. I think you can buy them on the Animal Planet website! Either that or it was the Discovery store, or National Geographic... something along those lines! It was several years ago and I don't remember now.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#325691 - 02/28/08 09:05 AM

Unregistered

As a newer mom myself the best gifts that we received were gift cards - that way I could go and get what I really needed. It's not very personal if that's what you're looking for but always needed and always appreciated!

#325735 - 02/28/08 01:45 PM
Kimberley321

LOL! I did my dog's paw too - she got a little nervous about what i was doing to her and urinated all over the carpet while i was still holding her paw! Lesson 1: Make impressions of your pet's feet outdoors!!!

Hee hee, I think I'll try it! new
      #325746 - 02/28/08 03:02 PM
Susie2

but not the cats. I don't think I'd live to see the results. Of course, that would then be the end of IBS. Been cramping all week.

A pink football -nt- new
      #325765 - 02/28/08 05:20 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1051 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3658

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review