All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Teeth grinding....Do you do this? new
      #325520 - 02/26/08 08:38 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

WOW! That's a shame. Can they realign everything that was messed up with the poor orthodontics?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#325539 - 02/26/08 10:37 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

No because they pulled five permanent teeth and pushed everything back instead of widening the roof of my mouth. I had braces in 1960 and my orthodontist was in his 60s so it was old technology. However, the TMJ isn't a problem so long as I wear the mouth guard at night.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#325541 - 02/26/08 10:45 AM
Nugget

that's too bad they messed you up like that. Glad to hear the mouth guard helps, though.

#325569 - 02/26/08 02:57 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Yep and Yep!!

I used to grind my teeth and I wore a mouth guard for about 5 years. Now, I don't grind my teeth at all. The dentist said because I wore the guard it helped keep my teeth apart at night and engrained it in my head not to grind.

Wishing you luck at the dentist Monday. I go March 18 for my checkup and yes, I always dread it too!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#325574 - 02/26/08 03:07 PM
Nugget

Thanks Toady! I went for my cleaning and checkup in December, but I didn't think to ask about the teeth grinding because it wasn't bothering me much at the time. But lately it's really bothering me and my husband is noticing it more at night when I'm sleeping. I've always been a tense sleeper. I have two stuffed animals from my childhood (around 2 years old) where I had picked the fuzz clean off the animals in my sleep. There isn't even any left in the seams! My mom said that in the mornings there would be little piles of fuzz on the floor next to my bed. Wish I knew what caused all this tension in my life. Could it be because my mom smoked when she was pregnant?

#325658 - 02/27/08 02:58 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

If you're not able to get into the dentist right away to have a custom guard made you can buy a hockey mouth guard. I remember my brother doing that when he didn't have dental insurance.
You need to relax while you sleep my dear!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review