All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Spoke too soon? new
      #325476 - 02/25/08 09:56 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I was doing pretty well, considering. I slept in Saturday but got up and worked out 25 minutes on my elliptical than cleaned the house for about 1.5 hours, took a shower and went to the grocery store. I was exhausted by then so just made like a couch potato.

Sunday, I woke up really stiff and sore. I managed to give my two dogs a bath but that was it. My hands are terribly swollen and are SCREAMING in pain, my hips, chest and knees hurt and the rest of me aches, a lot.

I had been doing really good with my workouts, at least 3 times a week and I had gotten up to 30 minutes plus stretching and some hand weights. I set my clock to get up early today to workout and I was so exhausted. I got up to pee and hurt all over and climbed back in bed until I had to get up for work.

I feel like a failure. I am trying so hard to lose weight. My friend is getting married May 3 and I am in the wedding and have a bridesmaids dress to fit into, it didn't come in plus sizes.......

I was SO hopeful Fri and Sat that the infusion worked but now, I feel let down, empty, depressed and I want to cry. I know it can take several treatments and that I can't give up yet, I know that in my head but my heart isn't listening. I get another infusion a week from Thursday. They are so expensive, I hate to throw away money if they don't work but than again, I have no other option. I have exhausted all other treatments.

I am at work, luckily the boss is not in but since my hands have been hurting, I haven't done any filing and its overflowing the counter. My poor fingers are at least twice there normal size.

When will I catch a break? I feel like crying but the tears won't even come anymore, I think I used them all up.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Survived my first remicade infusion new
      #325478 - 02/25/08 10:45 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Wishing you the best Michele. Hope and pray that this works for you. {{{hugs}}}

#325480 - 02/25/08 10:54 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Sweetie I am so sorry. But try to keep your chin up, keep telling yourself it takes time & that you WILL see some improvements once the med starts working. I know it's hard but please know we're all with you & wish you the best. You've come this far...you can make it into that dress in May. Hope you start feeling better soon!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#325499 - 02/25/08 08:32 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

I'm so sorry about this setback. I hope you feel better asap! You might ask the doc if this kind of ricochet is normal...?

Please don't give up hope! I would take the two days of feeling well as a great sign!

Hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#325513 - 02/26/08 04:32 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh Michele,
I'm so sorry. I know how disappointing it can be when things don't work as quickly as you'd like/hope they would. Really...keep in mind that you had a couple of good days. Sounds like you accomplished a lot. That must have felt good. Try to concentrate on that. Maybe the next treatment, you'll have a good week. And the next...who knows?

BIG HUGS until then.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#325518 - 02/26/08 07:05 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Maybe you just overdid on Saturday. A common thing to do when you are feeling well after being sick so long. Your body has been so stressed by illness that it just isn't going to bounce back to full steam ahead. Try to pace yourself. It's going take a few trials and failures to figure out just what you can do and for how long as you continue to improve. So don't feel like the treatment failed yet.

And, while it is nice to have a goal to fit into a bridesmaid dress, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Your health is more important. Also they may be able to alter it or you can get another dress in the same color if your friend really wants you in the wedding party.

And for your mental health's sake, give yourself credit for all that you are doing and have done. Don't focus on what you haven't done. Just causes anxiety, depression and hopelessness. You've really done a lot researching and getting tests and treatments, working, taking care of the wee ones, etc. Your weight is not your fault either. So many of the drugs you have taken cause huge weight gains. I'd be a blimp if I took them.

Re: Thanks Susie new
      #325521 - 02/26/08 08:46 AM
michele

My shrink said the same thing this morning!! That I need to concentrate on all that I am and have done and not focus on what I can't do. This has just all gone all for SOOOO long, I am mentally exhausted and my body is broken!

I think I will be able to fit into the dress, if I could just lose another 10 pounds between now and May 3. I am only eating 1200 calories a day, can't eat any less or I will pass out! I need to exercise but I just can't right now, maybe after the next treatment.

The good news is that I found out that I have a $1500 cap on out of pocket expenses!!!! Thats still a lot of money but it sure beats what we were looking at!!!!

If the swelling and PAIN in my fingers would chill out, I think my disposition would improve a bunch!

--------------------

Re: Thanks lauren new
      #325522 - 02/26/08 08:48 AM
michele

I am hoping with each treatment that I feel better longer. I guess my patientence is wearing very thin! Thanks for the hugs

--------------------

Re: Thanks Christine new
      #325523 - 02/26/08 08:49 AM
michele

From what I have read, this does seem to be normal. I guess it really does take several treatments before it really begins to work so I should take the couple of good days I had and cling to that hope!

--------------------

Re: Thanks littlelani
      #325524 - 02/26/08 09:01 AM
michele

I know its going to take some time but I want to feel better NOW! I feel like a 2 year old having a tantrum but I have been so sick for so long!

I have stayed off the scale on purpose but my pants are getting too big so thats a good sign. The dress is at my girlfriends, I should go pick it up and try it on but I am sort of afraid to as well! They are going to have to make it fit one way or another! I am eating 1200 calories a day but I just can't lose much weight without working out. They also haven't gotten my thyroid straightened out yet either which isn't helping a darn thing! Or my growth hormone! It seems that the deck is stacked against me when it comes to losing weight right now!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 351 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review