So sorry you aren't feeling well, Michele. {{{hugs}}}}

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Survived my first remicade infusion new
      #325538 - 02/26/08 10:36 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Michele-
I am so sorry that you are feeling lousy again. It does sound like maybe you overdid it on Sat. Give the meds some time. I know it must be so frustrating to try and be patient. I am glad that you are making some progress in your diagnoses. *Hugs*

Michele, how are you doing? (m) new
      #326821 - 03/19/08 10:48 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Did you have your second Remicade infusion?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Spoke too soon? new
      #326851 - 03/19/08 04:28 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Somehow I completely missed this post, Michele. I feel so bad!! How are the treatments going? Have you had more?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: update new
      #326899 - 03/20/08 11:21 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, had the second infusion the first of the month. It went well and I had several good days followed buy several bad days than its been a steady climb up. I think they will end up being a very good treatment for me. I have been feeling ok, my hands and feet still swollen and painful but overall much better. I still have a lot of aches and pains but nothing compared to the pain I was in. I still struggle a bit with fatigue but that seems to be improving as well.

I am actually doing some major spring cleaning at the office. Probably several days worth so I am sure I will be sore. I have been able to work out about 3 times a week and I am down 18 pounds.

I will be getting my infusions monthly now at the beginning of each month. Now, if Spring would realize the calendar says it should be here, all would be happy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#326906 - 03/20/08 12:07 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This all sounds like very good news, Michele. I'm so glad.

And, yes, it would be nice if Spring would hurry along.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#326936 - 03/20/08 03:26 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's great news, Michele! And congrats on the weight loss, too! Did you ever find any help with paying for the treatments? I can't imagine having to spend that much money on treatments every month!! But I guess if it helps you feel better, you find away.

How are things with DH these days? Has he been supportive of your new treatment plan? I hope things are going well for you.

Good luck, Michele! I think of you often.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#326938 - 03/20/08 03:32 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Quote:

I am actually doing some major spring cleaning at the office. Probably several days worth so I am sure I will be sore. I have been able to work out about 3 times a week and I am down 18 pounds.

Gee, can I give you the key to my office? It's a dust bunny heaven and the cleaning staff think they are pets not pests!

Good for you with the weight loss too!! I'm so very happy that you are starting to feel better with this treatment, even if it is only a couples days at a time.

Take care, and Happy Easter!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#326943 - 03/20/08 05:35 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Glad to hear that something is finally working. May you continue to have more and more good days. And wow on the weight loss. Amazing. Where do you get the energy to work out? You are one determined lady.

Wish I could have gotten my new glasses at your place. I had the most bizarre experience with new optometrist. She and the optician got into it over whether my prescription would fit in the glasses I selected. And she (optometrist) kept handing me the most atrocious (and probably most expensive frames to try). Plus my eyes were dilated and I couldn't see a thing. I was there 2 1/2 hours. Finally I said I was getting sick, couldn't see and had to leave. I came back a couple days later and talked to the optician who saved the glasses I liked and reassured me they would work and be light weight. Of course, the optometrist had to come out and butt in again, handing me yet another atrocious pair of glasses. I plan to go somewhere else for another pair. I downgraded the lens to a no lines polycarbonate rather than a high index and with my insurance (VSP) they still cost me $350. And that is with an inexpensive frame ($150).

I'm so happy to hear this! -nt- new
      #326967 - 03/21/08 09:15 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14791

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review