All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am on the verge of loosing my job due to my IBS
      #325106 - 02/20/08 04:08 PM
Mugsy

Reged: 01/30/08
Loc: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Missed a lot of time from work due to this, and I know that I dont have much time left. It is frustrating. Can an employer let you go for medical reasons? I have a doctor's note for everyday I have missed. Even went to their company doctor. The company doctor said that if I follow "HIS" recomondations, my IBS would go away.....BS....and my employer feels that I should not be missing any more time from work due to what the Company Doctor said...what do I do?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am on the verge of loosing my job due to my IBS new
      #325115 - 02/20/08 05:53 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

What were the company doctor's suggestions? And why did you see him if it wasn't a worker's comp issue?

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

Re: I am on the verge of loosing my job due to my IBS new
      #325163 - 02/21/08 09:04 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

In Ontario it depends on the size of your company. I had a friend who had terrible back problems and missed a LOT of work. They eventually let her go - I thought it was BS until I looked up the Ontario labour act and apparently it is perfetly legal if the company employs less than 50 or 75 people, I can't remember which. Just look up the labour code online and it will tell you.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

employment challenges new
      #325717 - 02/28/08 11:39 AM
Dawn_Angel

Reged: 02/25/08
Loc: NY State

i know this fear has hit me also due to my sick time lately, although i do have enough, its just been more humiliation, and isolation at work and often no one really understands. Its a horrible experience! i feel for you! ((hugs))
i'd try to focus on what works for you to keep the symptoms under control. I have this week off work then i have to go back, so i will be challenged again. I'm hoping the peppermint oil caps i'm taking will continue to help and i'll just take one day at a time. consider taking a thermos to work to make the fennel or peppermint tea upon attack so then maybe you won't have to leave.
Or if you find you have to keep going to the bathroom try to eat more soluble fiber foods and hopefully that will help! i know its hard if you have to keep going to the bathroom cause you can't get much work done either! it really is such a bad condition, and not employment friendly,
i hope that you can get your symptoms under control so that will give you more confidence, and less anxiety so you can work a bit easier
blessings to you,

--------------------
with tranquil thoughts,
**Jen Z.**

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." ~ William James

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." ~ Mother Teresa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1633

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review