Reged: 02/10/08

or will that mess up my stomach?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: can you smoke weed? new
      #324445 - 02/10/08 03:18 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've heard that it helps some, doesn't help others. Everybody is different, so the effect changes from person to person.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#324446 - 02/10/08 03:59 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

why do you want to? If it doesn't mess up your stomach, it's going to mess up your mind.

#324471 - 02/11/08 08:47 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I agree with Nugget. Not to sound preachy, but you do know that stuff slowly kills off your brain cells, right? And I live in the weed capital of the world (outside of Amsterdam, anyway). Ever heard of "BC bud"?

But it probably would mess with your stomach. If it can alter your perception and your motor skills, then it must mean it is affecting your central nervous system somehow. That's not good news for IBS. Just my opinion...

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#324472 - 02/11/08 08:58 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Smoking of any kind can lean to all kinds of really nasty cancers and the "weed" itself is linked to stomach cancers, as is normal tobacco aswell as lung cancers.

Try dealing with IBS AND the cramps that cancer gives someone.

God Bless and please Pray about this and talk it over with your Dr.
Choose to live and breathe fresh air.

#324475 - 02/11/08 09:02 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Okay, I just can't let this go. You are 15 years old!!!!!!!!

And, if you haven't heard, "weed" is illegal. You would be commiting a crime in addition to screwing up your mind. The only reason you wouldn't smoke it because of your stomach?

Please think about what you are doing. Please, your only 15 years old.

Okay, sermon over. I know you only asked how it would affect your tummy....but I just had to give my opinion. Ignore it if you want.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#324481 - 02/11/08 09:27 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Okay, Anna, I didn't realize you were only 15.

Do NOT smoke weed. As I said, I live in the weed capital of the world and I've known a lot of people who smoke it. It makes you stupid. NO LIE. It has been proven that regular use of weed actually decreases your IQ over time. Ever seen the movie "Half Baked"? The idiocy of the main characters is NOT too far from the truth.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#324486 - 02/11/08 10:25 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Anna, smoking weed can really irritate your digestive system and worsen your IBS and cause a lot of stabbing pain in your abdomen. Even just "regular" cigarettes do that, I know healthy non-IBS people who end up with diarrhea after smoking just one or two. Smoking anything is a huge no-no for IBS folks. You'll be better off finding something else to satisfy "herbal cravings" - a chai late with soy milk, or peppermint, fennel, or chamomile tea are really yummy.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#324488 - 02/11/08 10:49 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

15 per this website profile.... 22 per myspace profile???? Either way... not smoke it!

Quote:

Okay, I just can't let this go. You are 15 years old!!!!!!!!

And, if you haven't heard, "weed" is illegal. You would be commiting a crime in addition to screwing up your mind. The only reason you wouldn't smoke it because of your stomach?

Please think about what you are doing. Please, your only 15 years old.

Okay, sermon over. I know you only asked how it would affect your tummy....but I just had to give my opinion. Ignore it if you want.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#324544 - 02/12/08 09:44 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

#324612 - 02/12/08 05:32 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Dude, look at the hornet's nest you stirred up! Without the lecture, I will say that inhaling smoke of any forms tends to aggravate people with IBS's stomachs. It would really be an individual thing whether it messes your stomach up or not. I know it was rough on my stomach back when I was a foolish high school kid.

#324634 - 02/13/08 09:18 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Settting aside the health/legal implications, the few times i smoked pot i got super nauseous - like immediately puking my guts out. And that was pre-IBS. So it's maybe not the wisest thing for a sensitive tummy. plus, when the "munchies" strike you will be far more likely to scarf down very IBS-unfriendly foods!

That being said - some people find pot extremely helpful in the management of pain. So i am not going to judge anyone who finds it helpful in that respect. To each his own.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#324636 - 02/13/08 09:28 AM
anna1313

Reged: 02/10/08

alright well i dont smoke it right now. almost all of my friends do so i was going to try it, but im sick of having to deal w. my stomach. im not going to though anytime soon.

#324644 - 02/13/08 09:50 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

alright well i dont smoke it right now. almost all of my friends do so i was going to try it, but im sick of having to deal w. my stomach. im not going to though anytime soon.

If almost all your friends where going going to jump off....oh never mind....

Anyway.... I'd say from personal experience not to waist your time, money, or health on it. I think back now to all the things that I COULD have been doing instead of sitting on the couch vegging out, eating crap and then getting sick from it all..... then repeating several nights a week just because my friends thought is was cool. Not so cool when the credit card companies started calling wanting my min payment..... try explaining all your money going to pot and munchie..... does not fly very well. Or, not being able to stop giggling and coughing when your Mom calls and she KNOWS something is up!! Ok.... this old fart is gonna shut up now!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review