All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm terrified - EGD and Colonoscopy same day
      #324055 - 02/05/08 01:42 PM
Webwolf

Reged: 01/17/06

After two months of misery, I've finally agreed to let my doctor do these tests on me. Currently I have them scheduled for the same time, same day. I must admit, I'm terrified of the procedure. I've had a colonoscopy before, but it's been 15 years and all I really remember is I was awake for most of it and it hurt. That, and the prep was horrible. The doc gave me nu-lytely and bisoph pills for the prep.

As far as these tests go, especially the EGD, can somebody reassure me that it's not as bad as it sounds? I have problems swollowing pills, let alone a camera. I think I need some anixiety meds starting now and the test is over a week away.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm terrified - EGD and Colonoscopy same day new
      #324086 - 02/05/08 06:08 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I wish you lots of luck! Both the same day is actually better I found. Rather than prepping twice! I feel for you, especially when it comes to the prep.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: I'm terrified - EGD and Colonoscopy same day new
      #324102 - 02/05/08 07:46 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I had terrible experiences years ago too. Its not as bad anymore. If you were sedated last time, but still awake, tell that in advance to your dr. Maybe they will agree to make sure you are more heavily sedated before they begin. In the past 6 years or so, I've had colonoscopy and endoscopy. Both of them were no big deal - EXCEPT the prep. There's no sugar coating it, the prep sucks for colonoscopy. Still, like Toady said, you'll just have to do that once.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1561

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review