Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: OK Ladies....what are you getting your hubby or SO for Valentine's Day? new
      #324609 - 02/12/08 04:42 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Shell:
I dont know if your set on getting an actual gift to open but my husband and I are pretty much broke. Considering I cant eat out many places and he loves steak, were gonna stay in, get dressed up, play nice music and light candles. Were just going to make each other dinner (him steak and me chicken) eat by candlelight and dance in our family room. Maybe that sounds lame, but its Valentines Day on a budget. Oh and I bought him those conversation hearts and chocolate peanut butter hearts. Good luck!!

Stef

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#324619 - 02/13/08 05:36 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hubby and I decided not to spend much this year. So I'm making him his favorite yellow cake with chocolate frosting that I will cut into a heart shape. We're going skiing in a few weeks so I also got him a beanie that he can wear underneath his helmet and nice ski socks .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#324643 - 02/13/08 09:42 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

No, I dont' really need to spend $$ either.... I've got him a card, a little bag of hot tamales (his fav).... maybe I'll make him some "coupons" on the computer..... i.e. "good for one _________" like foot rub, back rub, etc

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#324648 - 02/13/08 10:17 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Jeez I need ideas for my hubby too! We normally don't do Valentine's Day, and I figured this would apply especially so this year because we are saving so diligently for a house, but we went to the mall a couple of weeks ago, split up, and when we met up again he had a mysterious bag and he wouldn't tell me what it was. So the other day I asked him point blank if he got me a Valentine's gift and he looked all shifty and said "maaaaaybee"…

Aaaargh! So now I need to get him something! I'll feel bad if I don't. I can go to the mall on my lunch break but I have no clue what to get. He is really into movies but every time he sees something he wants, he buys it right then and there (they're usually really cheap DVD's, well under $10 each). The other day he mentioned one that he wanted, and I was going to get it for him, but later that day I saw him on Amazon and sure enough he was buying it! How am I supposed to get him anything if he keeps buying stuff himself?

I thought about maybe just getting him chocolates but it seems so cliché. I have two hours to figure something out!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#324649 - 02/13/08 10:41 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Oooh! Inspiration has struck!

He LOVES Bailey's Irish Cream. I love the stuff too but obviously can't have it anymore - but that doesn't mean HE can't have it! I'll buy him a bottle of that, a card, and some chocolates. Sounds good to me!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Snorkie! new
      #324650 - 02/13/08 10:41 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Snorkie, where in Wales are you going? That's my home country and i love it and miss it loads! (Now live in England - nowhere near as good). If you need some recommendations or anything then feel free to ask.

PS do not make the mistake of mixing up welsh and english. the welsh hate being called english and would rather not be referred to as british either. We're a funny nation!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#324651 - 02/13/08 10:46 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I think we're doing the same. DH hates celebrating valentines. He reckons we should keep the romance and celebrations for anniversaries but he doesn't celebrate these either!!! So, i've bought him a card but i haven't bought him a gift. I'm going to prepare a nice meal, some wine etc

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Why are men so difficult to buy gifts for? new
      #324670 - 02/13/08 02:51 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

I'm stumped too. I saw him eyeing an ipod at Costco (He already has several) but if he wants it, he'll just go buy it. Boxes from Amazon arrive almost daily here. I found a nice card and also cards from the cats and dog and I'll make a nice dinner, but I think that's it.

My friend Emma, a wiser older woman - 80 years old, says Valentine's Day is for them to get us stuff. I'll go with that!

Re: Why are men so difficult to buy gifts for? new
      #324760 - 02/14/08 02:05 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I say....don't make it so difficult...just give from your heart...even if that means a nice dinner you have cooked. It's often not the expense of the gift that makes it special, it's the thought and love that goes into it.

#324762 - 02/14/08 02:14 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I got him a CD, a box of chocalate, a stuffed dog, & a T-shirt that reads "Almost as good as Chocolate"

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review