All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Wanted to feel "normal" for a day......paid the price
      #323854 - 02/03/08 08:49 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I was having a relatively "good" IBS-D day Friday. A pizza party was scheduled at work for a co-worker who was leaving. I ate small slices of double pepperoni, and veggie pizza. I felt fine afterwards....didn't overeat. I had a mild workout at Curves after work and then my husband and I went out on a "date" to Applebees. I decided I was feeling good, so we both tried the 3-course combo meals. Mine was a garden salad, bacon cheese burger, and chocolate moose shooter dessert. I felt fairly good afterwards. We did a little shopping before heading home. I only ate half the burger so that I wouldn't be stuffed. Around bedtime I felt really sick and spent most of the day Saturday in the bathroom. I hate myself for doing that.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wanted to feel "normal" for a day......paid the price new
      #323858 - 02/03/08 01:14 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

We're all human. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

I know that sounds harsh, but there's seriously no reason to kick yourself.

Doesn't sound harsh... new
      #323861 - 02/03/08 01:45 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

...we're all human, we all make mistakes. It's alright. I know I've certainly undertaken my fair share of dumb s**t. I think engaging in a little self-sabotage every now and then is part of what makes us humans.

Don't beat yourself up for indulging, Nugget. Selfish indulgence is going to happen now and then. That being said, now you know not to do that again.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#323870 - 02/03/08 03:24 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Nugget,

Don't beat yourself up. We have all done the same thing at one time or another.

I go back and forth between being totally committed to eating right and feeling good and then I have my moments when I cheat and eat things that make me feel sick.

We are all human and do the best we can. Try to look at it positively that you had a great time out with your husband. Don't focus on cheating and feeling sick.

When I am feeling really good and stable and I cheat with one thing I am usually ok. It is when I got for it and cheat over and over again all in a row that it hits me.

I hope you are feeling better today.

--------------------
Janey

#323873 - 02/03/08 04:58 PM
Nugget

Thanks Janey....I'm still having a bit of a rough day today although better than yesterday. Kind of makes me wonder if it wasn't a bit of food poisoning or flu on top of the IBS. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself. It's easier said than done sometimes, though. {{{hugs}}}

#323874 - 02/03/08 04:59 PM
Nugget

Thanks Snorkie.....just having a bad day, I guess. When I look back on it, as Janey said, I am grateful for having a wonderful time with my husband for an evening. I should count my blessings. {{{hugs}}}

Re: Doesn't sound harsh... new
      #323875 - 02/03/08 05:00 PM
Nugget

thanks hoho.....I definately won't do it again. {{{hugs}}}

#323876 - 02/03/08 05:05 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Nugget,

You are certainly braver than I am!! I wouldn't even dream of eating pepperoni pizza or a cheeseburger. Good for you for going out, enjoying your date with your DH! I'm sorry you're suffering the aftermath though. I had about a dozen fries from Burger King tonight and am fully aware of the consequences I could suffer.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#323880 - 02/03/08 06:08 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I'm glad you at least enjoyed the experience of being "normal" for almost a whole day! That is awesome!! I can't (I should say, "I am afraid to...") fully indulge in parties at work because of this IBS, but everyone is understanding. The last party we had, they were very accommodating. They made sure to have lots of bread and white meat (turkey) for me. I even had some caffeine-free soda. I munched on some fresh fruit after I had eaten a bunch of bread.

As for going out... I love it! I HAVE to do it every now and then, and it's always on a Friday so I have the whole weekend to recuperate. I hope you feel better by Monday!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#323888 - 02/03/08 07:41 PM
Nugget

Thanks Toady....I guess it's kind of like an IBS-D hangover. Still paying the price slightly today. Not sure what tomorrow will hold for me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 649 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3499

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review