All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A funny one...my son
      #323655 - 01/31/08 01:57 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

My 7th grader is studying world religions. His teacher gave him a chart to fill out about the differences for homework. One of the sections was on the sects of each...Christianity, Judaism and Islam. For Islam, he wrote: Shias and Sunis. For Judaism, he wrote: Orthodox and Reformed. For Christianity, he wrote: Not before marriage! I had to convince him that sects and sex were different. He insisted that's what the answer was. I had to explain exactly what a sect was and that he had the right answers for the other two!

Just like one of those forwards you'd get on funny things kids say. Guess they really DO say that stuff! hehehe

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A funny one...my son new
      #323676 - 01/31/08 04:29 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

funny!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#323687 - 01/31/08 04:59 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

haha

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#323692 - 01/31/08 06:38 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Too funny! I haven't even gone over the "sex" stuff with my 7th grader yet. I think it's my husband's job don't you? Of course, my father in law gave the speech to my husband as "do you know about the birds and the bees and getting little girls pregnant?". So he thinks he can use that with our son now. I think not!!! Honestly, he probably knows more than we think he does. They learn it from school and other kids but still.....I want him to learn the right things! Ughhhhhh the teenage years....NOT looking forward to this!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

"the talk" new
      #323768 - 02/01/08 03:42 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I started talking to him about it long ago but just added details with each story. He asked me so I told him. However, a couple of years ago, he asked again (it had been awhile). So, I refreshed his memory. When I was done, he threw his head back, started shaking because he was laughing so hard and he said, "That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Will you tell me that again?". Seriously, he cracked up and begged me to tell him again. I did and he nearly fell over. It was hard to talk to him...using proper words and all. So weird but I had to do it.

Of course, he hasn't kept his mouth shut with his brother so, my 5th grader has the full story and has for a long time.

Another funny... A little over a year ago when we finally told the boys that I was pregnant, Logan (was 7 at the time) said, "What!? So you DID it? When? Where? Upstairs? In the dark? Under the covers?" I had to stop him there...my parents were in the room! Anyway, he looked at me like he couldn't believe that something like that could happen under HIS roof without him knowing about it. DH, who was blushing at the time said, "Only once."

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 421 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1458

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review