All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am just so greatful!
      #322602 - 01/18/08 02:58 AM
Haythioius

Reged: 01/15/08

I have never spoke to anyone with the same problem and me before this week. I spoke to my parents about it, but no one that truly understands. It was only 2 or 3 days ago that I joined this forum, and I am so glad I did As little as the things you say may be, just knowing I have people that understand and that will support me, just makes me feel 100% better. I am so greatful!!! AH I just can't explain how much your support means to me. Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am just so greatful! new
      #322688 - 01/19/08 08:24 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I know what you mean....I would feel lost and alone without these forums. I don't get the chance to visit them very often, but the people here are always comforting and informative when I need them. Welcome to the forums! We are glad you are here. {{{hugs}}}

#322693 - 01/19/08 09:07 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Welcome aboard Hay, I completely agree. I found this site about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it has been so extremely helpful. Not only for my symptoms, but on an emotional level as well. It's really hard to have these constant symptoms but feel like you need to keep all the feelings that come up around them inside b/c others (those without IBS) just don't want to hear about it. Honestly I often get the feeling that other people think I'm exaggerating or that I'm just a big baby and need to just cowboy up... If they only knew that I've been cowboying up for 20 years now and we all have our thresholds (I think I've reached my max capacity for this stuff).

Anyway, I'm very happy to see that you've found this site and hope that you'll be able to follow Heather's suggestions and start to lead a better quality of life (I'm assuming that your quality of life hasn't been so great, forgive me if I'm wrong).

You might want to post some information about yourself - You may have noticed that many people modify their signature to indicate the types of symptoms they have. This is really helpful for others when they are trying to provide advise for you.

Best of luck and Happy to see you!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#322741 - 01/19/08 11:50 PM
Fatso

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: United States

I just joined 2 days ago, and didn't even know what IBS was at first.
I don't wanna say how old I am, but let's just say I'm old.
I got this out of the blue and lived with it for 2 weeks, then I had to go to the hospital.

I actually had it a few times when I was in high school and even in first and second grade, but I wrote it off as eating too much and heartburn, and took a Tums.

I was just reading Heather's story, and like most people here, she had it rough, and at 9 years old yet.
I guess I was pretty lucky having such a bad case late in life, prompting an Internet search, and that brought me here.

Edited by Fatso (01/19/08 11:55 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 285 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review