All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Update from dr's appt!!! new
      #323572 - 01/30/08 04:26 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Are you still pinching yourself to see if you are awake? Answers? Real answers? Really???? I'm so happy you have some concrete answers!!! I wish you all the best with the treatments!!

HUGS!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks everyone!!!! new
      #323584 - 01/30/08 07:32 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hi Michele
I'm so relieved for your having found this diagnosis and yet concerned for your next steps for treatment! In any case, I'm so glad you have some answers and a path to set out on for healing AND a responsive doctor after all the unanswered questions and unhelpful doctors, etc. I'll be thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts as you begin this treatment.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#323617 - 01/31/08 09:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks Toady! Yes, I am still in shock. I am trying to stay positive, its only been a couple of days but each day that goes by that I don't hear anything, I get worried they forgot about me. I know its a BIG hospital and it takes time to set up appts and get authorizations, I guess I am just worried that I will be let down again.

I figure I will give them a full week than politely call and ask the status of my paperwork and cardiac appt, does that seem reasonable? I just want it to all happen NOW so I can start feeling better! Over the past few years my patience has worn thin.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Thanks hawkeye! new
      #323619 - 01/31/08 09:13 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can certainly use any extra healing thoughts!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Thanks hawkeye! new
      #323649 - 01/31/08 01:38 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I'm sending them at this very moment! They work!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#323698 - 01/31/08 07:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If I were you, I'd probably be calling everyday. But that's just me. I haven't been posting much, but I've been dropping in to see how things are going. I'm so happy to hear that someone is actually going to do their best to help you. Can you please email me at hohoyumyum at hotmail dot com. I'd like to ask you about something but it can be somewhat of a controversial topic and I don't want to start a debate here on the boards.

Here's to feeling better and getting a new lease on life!!!!

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Michele new
      #323779 - 02/01/08 04:51 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so happy to hear that you had a postive experience. One caring doctor who believes your symptoms and feels he has an answer can make all the difference in the world.

I know it must feel wonderful to finally have a diagnosis and a medication that will work. I will keep you in my thoughts that this will work for you and you will start feeling like your old self soon.

Work is fine. It is stressful and very busy. I really like the people I work with though which makes it tolerable. Thanks for asking.

Lots of hugs sweetie,

--------------------
Janey

#323794 - 02/02/08 06:36 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I'm so happy that you found a doctor who sounds like he's capable of treating your condition.

I have a friend who's been on Remicade for 2 years now to treat her chrohn's and it really has improved her quality of life. She said the infusions aren't that terrible as they play videos for the patients to watch while they're being infused (I guess it takes a few hours).

You're right though it is a very serious drug so I hope that it agrees with you and that it's what you've been hoping for.

Jenn

Ditto hawkeye! new
      #323869 - 02/03/08 02:57 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

This sounds like a really good turn, Michele! You deserve a doc who's on your side. I'm also sending good thoughts your way!

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 722 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14933

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review