Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dont you love company meetings
      #321938 - 01/08/08 10:28 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey Buddies,

I could use some support on these lovely dinner meetings. My National Sales meeting is on Thursday and Friday this week. I always dred it..long days and the EXSPENSIVE COMPANY DINNER

Its always at a fancy shmancy spicy type restaurant. This year its Creole. Well I cant do spicy. I see a few of you can have garlic and onions. I love them but they kill my IBS. So every year I also get myself embaressed and upset because I have to explain to the manager of the catering or restaurant about my IBS issues. well thank goodness this time the manager was VERY nice. But the thing is my hubby likes to hear me bitch about it..LOL

And to top it off its always 2 hours of cocktail and we eat after 8 and by the time everyone orders and is served its 10 Hello!! I am usually about to kill someone by then. But this year its for 7:00 and cocktails are from 6-7 and I am bringing a LARABAR to hold me over and my acacia. Just the whole stress of the whole things makes me crazy. But the one good thing is.......get ready for it

He can make me pan seared scallops and steamed LOBSTER!!!

And thats included with the choices my co picked out!! we cant usually afford Lobster so hello I am having it..with of course no butter..LOL

And he has fresh rasberry sorbet for dessert if I am still want that after my fancy shmancy meal!!

Thanks for letting me vent..have a good day

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dont you love company meetings new
      #321966 - 01/08/08 01:59 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Scallops and lobster - oh my!!!

It really does suck that so many things have to center around food. Like a meeting, for godsakes! Have it in a boardroom with a few muffins and bagels like everyone else. LOL.

I didn't go to my company Christmas party last month because there was nothing on the menu I could eat. Plus it was going to be a dinner cruise, so the possibility of being stuck out in the middle of the Burrard Inlet during an attack didn't make me feel too comfortable.

My workplace does pizza days every three months - so in a couple of weeks I'll be sitting there eating my sandwich and being asked a million times "how come you aren't having pizza??"...

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: Dont you love company meetings new
      #321978 - 01/08/08 04:46 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I was cracking up with the pizza thing!!I can so relate.....
I get the same questions EVERYTIME so if these people know why keep asking?? HELLO

This is why I dread it!! And lucky me at the xmas party some crazy way I wounded up sitting next to my boss and his wife. So she asked me millions of times why I wasnt eating anything? If thats wasnt annoying enough. Hello this was at an italian place with 7 differnt courses of nothing I could eat. From italian meats and cheeses, cesar salads, fried calamari, veal parm..LOL
SO WHAT WAS I GOING TO EAT??? BREAD MORE BREAD NO BUTTER AND SEPERATE DISH OF PASTA WITH OLIVE OIL.

Well at least this time I can eat!!

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 921

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review