All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Problems
      #321900 - 01/08/08 05:23 AM
mulline

Reged: 12/27/07

I'm guessing this is where you email questions to Heather, anyone let me know if its not. I am on my 5th week of Align (probiotic) and decided to try the Acacia along with it since the website suggests they go hand in hand. I'm only taking 1/2 of a 1/4 of a teaspoon (barely any) and it is making me worse, MUCH worse!! Cramping, etc.... Am I doing something wrong? I absolutely love the diet book, hypnosis cds, teas and Align (probiotic) but I don't think I can tolerate the Acacia. Are some people just not tolerant? ~Jennifer in NC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Problems new
      #321905 - 01/08/08 07:26 AM
mamayoga

My friend also had a reaction to the tummy fiber - He does not have ibs, but has had his gallbladder out and his digestion has been messed up ever since. He takes the resin (cholestyramine) to absorb bile, but I thought maybe the tummy fiber would have a similar affect. However, he only took a tiny bit (as recommended) and it made him throw up. (could be psychological). But I'm also curious if anyone has had similar problems with the tummy fiber. I took some (I don't have any digestive disorder) and I felt fine, myself, didn't notice a thing.

#321914 - 01/08/08 08:27 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I did when I took it. I became very bloated and had cramps. I think it was just not for me. I use citrucel instead. Maybe as Heather! She's the expert on this stuff. The best place to post this would be on the Diet board. It gets confusing because there are lots of boards. This happen to be the "Living Room" off topic stuff. So I think you would get better advice on the Diet board. At the top of this page on the left hand side is link for the IBS Diet board.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you. It can be a process finding the right fiber, so hang in there!

--------------------

#321927 - 01/08/08 09:21 AM
mulline

Thank you for your response, I had no idea where I should actually post that question. I love my Align probiotic but the acacia is excrutiating. Now, what to do with this giant canister I have. hahaha!

#321935 - 01/08/08 09:54 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

I didn't do well with Acacia either. Much gas and bloating. My hubby who does not have IBS but who has occasional D tolerates it very well. He used my leftover canister. In fact, I need to order him more! I am taking probiotics and digestive enzymes. The enzymes seem to help a whole lot. I also have reflux and hope to get off my acid blocker block.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1817

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review