All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Loss of Pet new
      #322023 - 01/09/08 09:49 AM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

Wow, after reading all of these posts I am just about bawling. It's always nice to hear other people talk about their pets like I talk about mine. I have 2 cats, one about 6 years old, Connor, and Callie about 2 years old. I got them both from the Humane Society and niether one was wanted by others. Connor had ringworm and was very ill, and I nursed him back to health.
I grew up with outside cats because I lived in the country. So of course being outside cats they died sooner than inside cats. Every time one died I was hysterical. My parents finally wouldn't allow me to have any more pets because I got "too attached". the second I was on my own I adopted Connor and the second I lived by myself and not with a roomate I adopted Callie. i love them like my children and worry like them the same as regular mothers do. They were both really sick last winter and I thought they were ging to die, and I was making myself sick over it. Thank god they got better. I feel everyone's pain on this board who has lost a pet! People who don't care about pets don't get the attachement, but my cats have been there for me when no people have been able to! When I'm sick Connor curls up on my lap, when I'm crying Callie comes over to me and tries to comfort me.
I think time is the only way to get over a loss like that. Some people immediately go out and get new animals, and others need to mourn. My best friend lost her cat last year and chose to get a dog the second time around so that she didn't think about her cat every time she looked at him. Unexpected deaths are always the worst to get over, but time will help, I swear. I hope all of these posts help a little.

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#322026 - 01/09/08 10:06 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Miranda -- Thank you for sharing your story. Everyone's posts have really moved me and I'm glad there are other people who appreciate and love their pets so much.

I also adopted Sofia from the Humane Society, where they had named her "Taffeta." So I had to save her from that awful name! You're lucky to have Connor and Callie!

#322027 - 01/09/08 10:08 AM
lalala

Thank you, Barbie. It's nice having the ashes, because it sort of makes me feel like she'll be with us wherever we go. I do miss her a lot!

#322028 - 01/09/08 10:09 AM
lalala

What a great name for a cat! I'm sorry he was so sick. I can't imagine how hard it would be to see my cat getting sicker and weaker. Hugs to you!

#322029 - 01/09/08 10:10 AM
lalala

Thank you, Susie. Reading all these posts has also made me tear up more than once. It's also good to be reminded that there are lots of animals out there that are waiting for a good home. I'll probably adopt another kitten(s) sooner than later.

#322030 - 01/09/08 10:13 AM
lalala

Oh, if I had a garden I would have loved to bury my cat there! I love the idea of using a garden stone to remember them by. How are your puppies doing? (I guess they aren't puppies anymore.) I'd love to see some recent pics of them if you have any.

Thanks for your kind words, Michele. Hugs!

#322031 - 01/09/08 10:14 AM
lalala

Erilyn -- Thank you for replying. I hope your Tasha lives a long and happy life! Aren't tortoiseshells the best? If I adopt another cat, she'll definitely be a torti. I just find them really well-tempered and sweet. My Sofi "trilled" a lot.

#322032 - 01/09/08 10:15 AM
lalala

Thank you, Steph. Pets are definitely special and important to us.

#322033 - 01/09/08 10:16 AM
lalala

Thank you Flipada. I realized that I definitely had a routine with my cat and so I still expect her to meow or jump on my lap or follow me around at certain times. Hugs to you too!

#322034 - 01/09/08 10:17 AM
lalala

Thank you for your kind words, LittleLani. Everyone's responses have been really great and I do feel a little better.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7619

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review