All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
haven't been here for a while....having a rough time
      #321811 - 01/07/08 09:29 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I'm having lots of "attacks" lately and don't know what to do. So frustrated!!! I have to "go" practically the minute I start my day and then I go 6-8 more times before I leave the house in the morning...then go some more at work. Not like "the runs", but just frequent and urgent. The BMs are formed and normal usually, but it's so frustrating! Anyone else do this? Or when hubby and I are out shopping, I get the urge to "go" frequently, too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: haven't been here for a while....having a rough time new
      #321835 - 01/07/08 12:55 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Same thing happens to me as soon as I know I'm about to leave the house. First I'll have a regular BM, but then right when I'm about to walk out the door, I'll have the urgency to go and what comes out is like D because I'm making my gut nervous. Then when I'm where I have to be, I have the urgency to go but I don't cause I fight it. By the time I get home, all urgency is gone. You're not alone.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#321837 - 01/07/08 01:12 PM
Nugget

thanks wendee....
I just wish it would stop. I remember it happening when I was a kid...only I'd end up with C because I wasn't near a bathroom, so I couldn't go. For instance...on the busride to school...in class during a test....etc., etc. But now if I fight it, it doesn't go away and I'm afraid I'd have an accident if I didn't rush to the restroom. I know most of it is probably psychological, but it's so frustrating. Some days are real good, but there are two or three a week that are horrible and just give me more anxiety about getting away from a bathroom.

#321850 - 01/07/08 02:49 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I've had this problem before too -- normal stools but just a lot of them! Were you an IBS-D before getting stabled? I've mentioned this a lot before, but I really do recommend trying a half dose of Imodium or even just 1/4 of a dose. This should be enough to reduce the frequency and urgency without constipating you and help you get back to being stable. It could just be a hormonal or seasonal thing (especially with the holidays). Hope you feel better soon!

#321889 - 01/07/08 07:11 PM
Nugget

Thank you Maria! Yes, I'm pretty much IBS-D. I was thinking about taking Imodium as a preventative measure rather than when needed. I'll give it a try. Also, I had a total hysterectomy a year and a half ago, so it could be hormonal, too.

Me, too, Nugget new
      #321890 - 01/07/08 07:22 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I've just spent the last half hour on the phone griping to my mother about my IBS. I think a lot of it has to do with stress, lack of sleep and a crazy work schedule which prevents me from eating as much as I need to. But, I feel like no matter what I do and what I eat right now, I am suffering from frequent, urgent BMs. I was running to the bathroom all morning. My pain was so bad, I had to spend the first two hours working standing up!

Anyway, just wanted you to know you're not alone I wish and pray and hope that someday this will all get better for us!

Re: Me, too, Nugget new
      #321909 - 01/08/08 07:53 AM
Nugget

thanks Amanda! It helps to "talk" with people who understand. Trying to explain this to family and friends who aren't going through it doesn't help at all. {{{hugs}}}

#321932 - 01/08/08 09:38 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I'm in the same sinking boat. I'm so tired of this. I don't think anything will ever work for me.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

yeah i hear ya on that one... new
      #321963 - 01/08/08 01:34 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I made another appt with my doctor for this Thursday. I am not sure what he can do, but I am just fed up of dealing with this on my own. I am in constant pain today and can't keep my insides from twisting and rumbling. I just want to stay home and lay in bed, but I have a mountain of stuff to do at the office. Can't take a day off!

#321964 - 01/08/08 01:41 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Nugget,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I agree with some others about the Imodium. Take some when you feel a bit iffy and hopefully it should help you not have an accident while out shopping, etc. Are you trying to eat safe foods? Be sure there is no sorbitol/mannitol in anything you eat, that was a big trigger for me. It happened to be in some sugarless gum I was chewing and I couldn't figure out what was causing my "D".

Do you still have your Goldens? We lost our beloved Rusty but have adopted a wonderful Golden from Golden Beginnings. Our little Annie is such a sweetheart.

Hope you will be feeling much better very soon.

Barbie

--------------------

#322107 - 01/10/08 08:51 AM
Nugget

Hi Barbie! Thanks for the info. I don't eat anything with those items you mentioned. Am trying to eat as safe as I can. Yes, we still have our goldens. They are 5 and a half now! Sorry about Rusty. Glad to hear you adopted another. They are such wonderful companions.

#322109 - 01/10/08 08:52 AM
Nugget

hang in there Jordy. {{{hugs}}}

Re: yeah i hear ya on that one... new
      #322110 - 01/10/08 08:54 AM
Nugget

I understand Amanda....I'm out of "sick" days, too. And Oh how I'd love to just stay home. I've been running late to work the past few days, too...so that eats into my vacation/sick days, too unless I can make up the time before pay day. It basically sucks... I usually feel better by afternoon, but mornings suck!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3429

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review