Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Deb - pregnancy
      #321706 - 01/05/08 08:38 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Deb,

I am 24 weeks pregnant...yea 6 months!! Not sure if you read any of my posts from last summer/fall, but I had a long journey to get pg. We ended up doing IVF. Thankfully the first try worked. So we are so excited to be here. And thankfully so far everything has gone smoothly. As far as anxiety, I have my ups and downs. Pregnancy definitely changes your hormones and emotions. But overall it hasn't been too bad. I see a psychologist regulalry, so that is a big help. And I guess I was a little more prepaired than some people after all of the fertility drugs I've taken over the last year. In my opinion those are worse than being pg! Also, being such a struggle to get here it puts things into perspective. If I'm having a bad day I just remind myself what it's all for...I think of one day holding this baby in my arms. It makes the daily anxieties seem less significant. If you are really concerned I would look into some type of counseling. It may be beneficial both during and after pregnancy. And just remember to take things one day at a time. Don't worry about the next day. As my psychologist said, if you it won't matter 5 years from now, it's probably not worth getting worked up over it. And like I mentioned to Hawkeye, journaling can also be very helpful. Just getting your thoughts out does wonders...instead of having things go round and round in your head.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Good luck getting pg (you're still in the process of trying, right?).

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Deb - pregnancy new
      #321948 - 01/08/08 11:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Bumping for Deb

I am so excited for you Mary, 6 months already!! You are going to have to post tummy pictures soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#321953 - 01/08/08 11:57 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Mary,

I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well!!this is great news!! How is your IBS? are you D or C? So I guess you having fun now that your past the hard days and moving on up to the safe days. Did you start on looking for nusery ideas?

Yes, we are still trying. I was very sad last year when we tried for 6 months and nothing. We tried last month and nothing again but I am staying postive. we had some tests done after 6 months and everything seemed to be okay and we took a break over the summer. I was in for annual exam in Jan and she said if were not by April then we will talk about fertility drugs ect.. So praying we are before then. It just harder as you climb the age ladder..I am going to 37 in March and hubby will be 39 next month.

Well after lots of research and meeting with a few differnt docs I am swicthed to Zoloft and that has been fine with pregnancy and is helping my anxiety.Just was cared that my attacks would come back. Honestly I havent had them for years.. I keep up with my docs every few months for med check and monthly sometimes every other week for therapy.

Thank you for responding and just info was very comforting.

Deb

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#321975 - 01/08/08 04:40 PM
Mary_V

Thanks, Michele!! If I can ever figure out how to post a picture I will :P

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#321976 - 01/08/08 04:41 PM
Mary_V

Good luck ttc. I hope you don't have to take fertility drugs. But if you do feel free to ask questions. And Michele has been through it as well and has tons of good advice. Keep us updated.

--------------------
~Mary

#321979 - 01/08/08 04:53 PM
auntdebs318

Thanks Mary for your support. I know Shell is good at pics and stuff like that if you want help with showing us your belly. Personally, I dont have a clue.

Do you know what your having?

--------------------

Re: Michele new
      #321980 - 01/08/08 04:59 PM
auntdebs318

Michele,

I just bumped you in your update post. LOL I am so glad your getting a grip on your condition. I wasnt sure you saw my response since you didnt respond like you did to the others? well anyways I hope all is well.

Deb

--------------------

#322003 - 01/09/08 04:26 AM
Mary_V

We don't know what we're having. We want a big surprise! And we really don't care either way. We just want a healthy baby. Everyone is sure to give us their predcition, though My niece (she's 5) desparately wants it to be a girl...I think she has at least 6 male cousins and 1 brother...but no girls. And my SIL is having a boy in Feb. My gut feeling says boy. But I honestly have NO clue. We have another ultrasound today. I can't wait to see the little one again. He/she might actually look like like a baby now...instead of an alien :P

--------------------
~Mary

#322005 - 01/09/08 07:43 AM
auntdebs318

Mary,

Thats so exciting a big suprise!! Good luck with the ultrasound. My niece is 6 as you see in my pic she calls me Debs because thats a family nick name for me..Too cute.. She thinks I am already preggo. Because of the IBS I always sick to my stomach. So she will rub it and tell the baby to calm down. I just go with it because sometimes she is so cute about it. Sometimes I will tell her that I am not but she wants a brother or sister and my sis is done. So our baby whenever that happens will be her cousin/bro or sis replacment. What a goof ball!! In the meantime my mom took her to American Girl in NYC so she is taking care of her dollie.

Anywho, I wish you nothing but happiness today seeing you baby on the ultrasound.

P.S. What prenatals are you taking? Did you have any problems with them bothering you at first?

Deb

--------------------

#322288 - 01/14/08 04:50 AM
Mary_V

Deb,

I may have responded to an earlier post you had about the prenatals. I never even tried prenatals. I've had such a rough time w/ regular vitamins over the years. I knew they wouldn't work well. I take Viactiv - a chewable multivitamin. It doesn't have any iron...I DON'T want to be more C. And I take extra folic acid (Rx of 1mg). I don't have IBS now, so I don't worry about the ingredients in the vitamin. Anyway, I've been taking that combo since about Dec. of '06. Both my RE and my OB are fine with it. And so far my bloodwork has been normal...even my iron levels!! Hopefully that will continue through the rest of the pregnancy. As it is digestion is getting a little slower as the baby gets bigger. So I don't want to add iron to the mix now. I will have blood work done at my next appt. (Feb. 6) b/c I have my glucose tolerance test. So we'll see if they check my iron levels again too.

I also take medication for hypothyroidism. If you haven't had your thyroid levels checked I would definitely do that. It can really affect fertility.

Our u/s went well last week. The baby looks perfectly healthy!!! And it's still very active I think it's been kicking for the last hour! My poor belly :P But we are very thankful and feel very blessed. Only 13 1/2 weeks until our little one arrives!!! We can't wait.

--------------------
~Mary

Wow, your pregnancy is going so FAST! -nt- new
      #322354 - 01/14/08 09:22 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Wow, your pregnancy is going so FAST!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3486

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review