All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Car accident and now ibs too
      #321448 - 01/01/08 03:54 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I was in a moderately bad accident yesterday. Totaled my car but we all walked away from it shaken but not hurt. I spent the whole day moping around in my pj's and now feel like crap this evening. WHy is it that I always fall apart after a stressful event like this? Its funny. I'm able to get through things moderately well, but then when I know I'm safe, etc. I fall apart physically. Right now I'm queasy and have d and keep heading for the bathroom. Blah. I actually am thinking right now, that as I was eating dinner, I was listening to my wife in the other room telling her brother the story of the accident on the phone. I think that must have gotten me all tensed up while I ate.

Also, so disappointed that even in the middle of major stress - sitting in the back of the police car waiting for the tow truck - I managed to be phobic too, wondering if either of them might be contagious with a stomach virus!
I couldn't believe my brain was taking me in that direction at that moment when I had so much more to worry about.
Anyway, even while feeling like crap I'm thankful that I'm here after spinning 360 degrees on the highway.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Car accident and now ibs too reply to myself! new
      #321452 - 01/01/08 04:34 PM
hawkeye

Feeling a bit better, after a full blown panic attack - crying and kicking on the bed. I'm so disappointed in myself that I can't find my way through this - but am trying to cut myself a little slack since I'm still pretty traumatized from yesterdays accident. Going back to bed now....

--------------------

#321454 - 01/01/08 05:36 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

While I'm very happy noone was hurt - POOR YOU!!!! An accident is always tramatic, big or little!! And stressful. I can totally understand why your tum would react. However, I don't think the last time I sat in a police car (after being t-boned) I was worried about germs!! I was more scared of getting home to my dad's wrath!!

I hope your tum settles soon and you are able to relax. Just think, you can buy a new car (and look forward to it?)

HUGS!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Car accident and now ibs too new
      #321455 - 01/01/08 05:38 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm sorry you were in an accident, but I'm glad you & your family are ok. I'm the same way, I get more troubled (physically & emotionally) after a big ordeal. I've only been in one car accident, a few years ago, but it was very emotional. I started crying hysterically about 10 mins after the police left. Don't feel bad about it, just remember that it's a very traumatic experience, even people without IBS have trouble dealing with these things. Just take things one day at a time, it'll be a distant memory before you know it! Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#321458 - 01/01/08 06:13 PM
hawkeye

Thanks!
We don't have money for a new car but we were going to put the car up for sale the next day as my mom is giving us her old car. I actually thought about this as we started skidding and before I thought I was going to die. I guess I'm amazed at my brain's ability to process ridiculous things while pondering my very existence! We're getting my mom's car later this week, and anyway since we're in the city its not necessary for every day life.
I'm feeling a little better, but still so jittery and on edge. I'll take another bath tonight once my daughter drifts off to sleep.

--------------------

#321469 - 01/01/08 09:17 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm glad you're okay, and add me to the "fall apart once the event is over" list! Cut yourself a break. You'll be feeling better in a few days!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#321572 - 01/03/08 08:29 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Crazy, I am glad no one got really hurt. It is amazing what our brains think about at the most inappropriate times! I am hoping today finds you a little calmer and with a happier tummy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 508 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review