All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My new work- baad people!!!!
      #321296 - 12/29/07 09:58 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

The people at my new job are unbearably stupid. I'm sure they're social and interesting people, but they have no idea about the job they're going.

I have heard the dumbest suggestions made in a 3 hour staff meeting I had to endure on Friday. (!!!) I LITERALLY bit my cheek to stop from saying something. I couldn't stop myself from laughing when I heard the suggestion that a member calendar be made (notice this advise comes on the 28th of Decenber!!!!!) and distributed to the association's 10,000 members, and the person responsible for the calendar, who is a certifiable moron/tool, said the soonest she'd have it done would be the last week of January. *DUH* I pointed out to her if she was even including Jan '08 as a month on the calendar, maybe she should make it an extra effort (if any), to get it out in, oh say, JANUARY. She is a lazy idiot. Unbelievable.

I've been hired as a Senior Manager to whip these people into shape. No one seems to have common sense. People have been hired from McDonald's, Starbucks, and right out of college to do important jobs. They have no clue, which make it hard as a manager, to slap them upside their heads and say "You are in the WRONG job."

If I had my druthers, I'd place them in jobs as bartenders and in Target as store help. I'd rehire my own team!!! Save me from the idiots!!!

I have never been to a staff meeting where so many people said "no" and "I don't understand" so many times When I worked for the fast-paced life in the government, people have gotten kicked out of staff meetings for saying the same stupid things. So bit my cheek and prayed for the end of the meeting. It's $1840 for attendees to attend their annual meetings, and they want to give no welcome packets of paper presentations. People there just don't want to do work. Lay ass people!!!!!!!

And getting yelled at, OMG! The VP yelled at dumb people in public over contracts that looked like a monkey put together!! I'm keeping my head down, big time. It's quite obvious whey they hired me. Ugh, this job is going to be a bear if I can't rely on people to DO THEIR JOBS!!

GOOD news: They're sending me to New Orleans, San Fransisco and Colorado Springs this year!! Par-tey!! How f*ing cool is that!! I'm psyched about that, if not for the people I work with... Nelly skiing in May! How cool!!!!!

*deep breath* As long as I hang out with my boss, it's OK. At least she knows her job. She took me to Happy Hour (IBS nightmare) in Friday. At least she likes me.

There are 2 cool people. Gonna stick with my boss and them for now.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Weekend!!!!!!!!!! new
      #321297 - 12/29/07 10:15 AM
Nelly

I APPRECIATE my weekend!!! Gonna lie down and watch some Animal Planet! What are other people's plans for the weekend??

~nelly~

Re: Weekend!!!!!!!!!! new
      #321302 - 12/29/07 12:20 PM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

Hey Nelly,
As I was reading your post all I could think about was the comedian Bill Engvall's jokes "Here's Your Sign" all about stupid people. If you haven't heard any of them, you've got find it. What a howl.

Glad you're taking a break this weekend, sounds like it's much needed after that meeting.

The rest of today I'll hang out at home, not do too much. Probably watch television and play spider solitaire. Tomorrow I've got church in the morning, then going to visit my newest niece and the others who aren't so new..ages 3 to 9 years old... Jacqueline was born day before thanksgiving and I haven't seen her yet. I'm taking them their Christmas presents.

Enjoy watching Animal Planet..

--Val

#321304 - 12/29/07 01:48 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm SO sorry you had to endure such MORONS!! Good luck whipping them into shape! Not much planned for my weekend. Probably going to work on a scrapbook from our last vacation in September. I've been on holiday break from work that started the Friday before Christmas, so I'm definitely in chill-out mode! Don't have to go back until Jan. 2. Then we leave Jan. 6 for KEY WEST!!! It's WARM there, and there's NO SNOW!!!! I can't wait

Hope you're having a nice relaxing weekend! Rest up so you can kick some butt at work next week!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#321307 - 12/29/07 02:12 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm sooo happy you started your new job. I totally sympathize about having to work with idiots though!! ARGH!!!! All of my former assistants were not exactly prime cuts - thank heavens for my new job.

I'm glad you're getting along with your boss - that's important! I love my new boss - I have never felt so appreciated, and after 6.5 years of being treated like S*&T I really feel welcome there.

Take it easy this weekend, and enjoy Animal Planet! I spent today cleaning house so I can have 15 or so over for an open house tomorrow afternoon. I haven't entertained at Christmastime in 4 years....

HUGS and Happy New Year!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: My new work- baad people!!!! new
      #321319 - 12/29/07 08:38 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Isn't that why "they" say common sense isn't so common???

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Good weekend! new
      #321353 - 12/30/07 06:01 PM
Nelly

I had a great weekend!! At least, after the Friday I had!

My DBF took me out for a shopping spree, and I'm enjoying my new computer toys. And I highly recommend Animal Planet for de-stressing!

~nelly~

Re: Good weekend! new
      #321402 - 12/31/07 05:20 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I LOVE Animal Planet!! Planet's Funniest Animals is great when you need something upbeat & light-hearted! I like Animal Cops too, but it's a bit depressing sometimes. If you like animals try this website: http://icanhascheezburger.com
It's pictures of animals (mostly cats) with funny captions. It's good for a laugh when you're having a bad day!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#321576 - 01/03/08 08:42 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I am so glad I work alone! LOL!!!! Have you talked to the boss to find out exactly how she expects you to whip these morons into shape?

I hope you had a nice new year!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#321642 - 01/04/08 09:51 AM
Nelly

My boss dropped everything and went on vacation. So nobody's listening to me. I'm not sure who I'm supposed to manage?! I just got a to do list, and she was outta here.

So here I am at my desk, sneaking away to post here. Tee heee!!

I can't wait for the weekend!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 775 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3374

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review