All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Poll
      #321194 - 12/26/07 05:42 AM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

If you have IBS, did you develop it after having your gallbaldder removed? I'm curious if this is a common sequence of events?

I had a "cast iron" stomach the 1st 44 years of my life and could eat anything but once I got the GB out, the problems started, and I was diagnosed with IBS after a bazillion tests that all came back normal.

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS Poll new
      #321196 - 12/26/07 07:48 AM
colettewoolf

Reged: 10/28/06

IBS came first for me. I've struggled with that for a long while -- I can look back and see it was developing many years ago, slowly but surely, with occasional bouts of constipation/diarrhea.

The gallbladder pain began with very grueling attacks, about three years ago. They'd become worse and worse by the time I got my GB out last week. I wish I could have avoided that, because now I'm struggling again with this yo-yo syndrome, but having a very diseased gallbladder in my body forever didn't seem like the right answer either!

Chicken & egg? It seems so complex.....

#321204 - 12/26/07 10:50 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Yes, most of my problems seem to have started after my gallbladder removal.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#321205 - 12/26/07 11:37 AM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

I had my gallbladder out almost 6 weeks ago and I am so glad I did. I've had IBS since high school and it has alternated between D and C with C being the latest form for me. I had some D for the first couple of weeks post-surgery but that resolved quickly. I have been taking Heather's fiber all along, which I think helped. Although I still have some GI issues (which I probably will always have) they are no where near what I was dealing with before my gallbladder surgery. But everybody is different. I'm just glad it has helped me so I can eat more now and hopefully put some weight back on. Good luck to you - hope you feel better soon!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2496 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1206

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review