All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bye, bye gallbladder
      #321083 - 12/20/07 08:06 PM
colettewoolf

Reged: 10/28/06

For Pixiegoddess and everyone else:

I had my gall bladder out yesterday, and all went well. The doc gave us a photo of the GB taken by the laprascopic surgery camera, and the thing was a total mess! Supposed to be light blue, it was white, orange and very bloody from the adhesions of my worst attacks.

Nausea was one of my biggest problems, and it's also a potential side effect of the surgery. But I'm happy to say I am not at all nauseous -- even was I was fasting for the surgery I didn't get woozy, which was a first.

I hurt where the incisions are, and my bowels aren't quite working yet. I did as Pixie suggested and took some of Heather's acacia fiber tonight. Hoping that will ease my stomach into full recovery.

The doc told me to go on a low-fat diet, and I just laughed. Of course I've been a low-fat diet for years now, due to all my IBS and other stomach crud! But now I feel like I might actually be enjoying life more, with a lot of help from the diet, and from Heather's fiber and fennel tea.

My msg at this point, is: don't fear this surgery if you are convinced you need it by doctors you trust.

And merry holidays all! Now what I gotta do is rest, sleep, walk, and make sure I don't overdo on the Xmas fare....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bye, bye gallbladder new
      #321087 - 12/21/07 03:58 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Congratulations. I'm glad things went smoothly for you. I had mine out 12 years ago and I don't miss it a bit!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: bye, bye gallbladder new
      #321133 - 12/22/07 03:24 PM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery is over and things are getting better for you! I never got a picture of mine, but the doc said it looked pretty bad and was inflamed, etc. Hopefully now things will begin to improve for you. Best of luck and have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year! What a great way to start it!

Ditto pg new
      #321136 - 12/23/07 07:36 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I agree, what a great way to start out the New Year! (Not in pain, clutching your side, but you know what I mean!)

Wishing you health and happiness~

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1719

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review