All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
It's the holiday, we're buying a house and my stomach is crazy!
      #320864 - 12/17/07 09:55 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hi everyone! Things around here are so busy. The big news is that we are buying a house and closing on it by Dec. 31. I am so excited! It has happened just in the past week. It's twice the size of our house now which is only 1300 sq.ft and it is sooooo nice! The best part is that is was reposessed by the bank so we got a great deal on it! So good that we can handle both mortgages until we sell this one. It's needs a little cleaning and some painting but other than that it is beautiful! My stomach has been in knots and a bit touchy with everything going on. I am so glad that we had a snow day today so that I could catch up on some things. I haven't wrapped a single present and I just started to do some baking because Noah was worried Santa wouldn't have any cookies! Anyways just thought I'd share the news!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It's the holiday, we're buying a house and my stomach is crazy! new
      #320867 - 12/17/07 10:21 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

That's great news! Hubby and I are planning to buy out first house in a few months and I was already stressing about it! I'm okay now, but I think once the holidays are out of the way my mind will wander back to that stress/anxiety. But it's GOOD stress.... right?

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#320871 - 12/17/07 12:00 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, thats great, congrats!!!! I hope the tummy calms down real soon! And good to know that Santa won't go without cookies!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#320967 - 12/18/07 11:55 AM
Angela E.

Thanks! Yes it is good stress but it still throws the tummy for a loop! Good Luck on your house hunting. Hope you find an awesome deal like we did!!!

#320968 - 12/18/07 11:57 AM
Angela E.

Yeah Santa will be well fed as well as me! Don't need all those cookies but hey what's a few pounds right?? Our house stuff seems to being going well so far... tomorrow is the inspection and if that comes out good we are good to close on the 31st of this month. Can't wait!! !!! It's nice to see you on the boards too!! !!

#320971 - 12/18/07 12:07 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Thanks, I hope so too! Where we live right now, real estate prices are CRAZY - like $500,000 for a normal 3-bedroom house - no joke. It's enough to make you nauseous just thinking about it. We're actually hoping hubby can get a job up north where houses cost a MUCH more normal $150-$250K. Just thinking about having to move so far, leave our friends, and get settled in a whole new place just to fulfill our dream of having our own house is rather depressing. But it's either that or live in an apartment forever, because even renting a house here is ridiculous!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

That's nearly miraculous in Michigan!! ;) new
      #320977 - 12/18/07 01:29 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Congratulations! That's awesome. We had our house up about a year ago for over 8 mo. and nothing. We're pretty crowded in here so we'll have to get moving soon, too but we're not all that hopeful here. Glad you got a stroke of good luck cuz most of Michigan sucks right now, as you know!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#320980 - 12/18/07 02:01 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Angela, Congrats on the new home!! This must be exciting!! I hope the inspection goes well

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#321014 - 12/19/07 10:54 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

That's great!!! Congratulations on your new place and hope your current ones sells fast. I have heard people say that when they are empty they sell faster.

I'm right with you! My stomoach is in knots today and so is my husbands. I will be packing the kids in an hour to drop them off at my in-laws and then meet my hubby at the realtor to sign the contigency offer on a new house! As you know we have the same size house. This new one has 5 bd and 2bth and is over 1000sq ft more than our current one! We still need to sell our house too but if it's meant to be, it will.

#321017 - 12/19/07 11:41 AM
Angela E.

Heidi that's great news!! Isn't that funny we are doing it at the same time! Good luck with your venture. I am meeting the inspector at 4pm for our place!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1032 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4080

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review