All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Betrayed when I should have been celebrating
      #320824 - 12/16/07 11:32 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Last night I wanted to go celebrate a great round of interviews with this company. I haven't gotten the job but it's just around the corner.

I told my DBF I wanted to celebrate and he suggested we go into downtown Bethesda on Saturday night to a restaurant I really like. "What's our budget?" I asked. "Unlimited!" he said, and I was thrilled. He acted really excited about the night out, and I was so happy he'd planned something nice, for ME!

Thrilled until I showed up there and it was actually his work holiday party (the one job I used to work at, but was replaced as a contractor). WTF?!

My heart sank into my stomach and tears came to my eyes. He tricked me, TRICKED ME, into being his date at this thing I'd have never agreed to go to, under the guise that he was doing something really special just for me. Just for me!! Tears welled. He didn't get why I was so upset.

Now I had to make small talk with the stuffed shirts and dodge grab-ass from the old retired guys once the wine started flowing. I contemplated leaving abruptly but my seating arrangement made it impossible. The menu was fixed and whoever planned it really liked bleu cheese *gag*. I stuffed my face with bread and looked at my lap the whole time.

Today is the next day, and I'm heartbroken and livid.

I want my Saturday night back!! I want to curl up away from the cold weather in my warm jammies, and shun my sexy heels for some extra thick sweat socks, right out of the package. Heartbroken does not cover how I feel. I feel betrayed. I feel like getting even.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Betrayed when I should have been celebrating new
      #320828 - 12/16/07 12:57 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

It must have been terrrible! I don't know if I could have stayed.

I am sorry.

Nothing wrong with warm jammies, tho!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#320832 - 12/16/07 02:15 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh Nelly, I'm so sorry. That was a pretty sh*tty thing for him to do knowing you wouldn't have gone if he'd told you the truth.

Snuggle up real nice and warm, maybe take a hot bath first, plop down in bed/couch in front of the boob tube with your favorite snack. Mine's chocolate soy delicious ice cream. Yum! Always does the trick for me. That at least helps me to calm my heart down when I'm super mad.

Big hugs to you!!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#320840 - 12/16/07 03:45 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

AWWW! That really sucks! I'm sorry that happened. I agree w/the others: snuggle up on the sofa in your pjs with a favorite blanket or quilt if you have one, and have a snack ("chocolate cake for one" is one of my favorites). Take some time for yourself, turn off the ph, take a bubble bath, etc, whatever helps you relax. Forget stupid BF's, stupid ex-coworkers, with their stupid parties, & their stupid bleu cheese. Right now is "nelly" time, everyone else can take a hike!

BTW-What part of DC are you from? I'm originally from Alexandria.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#320843 - 12/16/07 10:18 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hmmm. The part that worries me is that he doesn't get why you would feel betrayed/angry as hell. To me it sounds passive-aggressive to the extreme. Blah. Sorry Nelly.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#320846 - 12/17/07 06:24 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

That was pretty crapie I say celberate buy yourself something nice take yourself somewhere nice to eat and go by yourself something nice made a day or a afternoon of it. Who needs him to celebrate with if hes going to act like that! Be proud of yourself!
emmasmom
ibs-c

#320849 - 12/17/07 07:09 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

geez, sorry to hear your BF is insensitive and doesnt "get it". I agree with the others go do something for yourself!!

Make yourself an IBS safe cake. Here's a quicky I made last week after we went to a holiday party over the last weekend and I could eat anything there So I made this cake and had small amounts last week after dinner.. Its been stressful at work since I am in sales and we NEED Year end numbers desperatly. So I need something to pick me up..

Duncan Hines white cake mix and 1 box of Dr O (organic brand) or you can check Jello Vanilla (not sure if that is safe?) add oil and egg whites to recipe on Cake box and 1 cup of almond milk (or soy if you prefer). And THE BEST PART 1/2 of the bag of Vegan or safe semi sweet chocolate chips. I through all of it together and mixed up well and baked it in a Bunt pan or you can make cupcakes.. When its done the chocolate chips are so hot and goey... mmmmm Take a small slice with some 2 tsps of Vanilla soy dessert.

Hugs to you Nelly, go enjoy something yummy or buy your self something special

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#320857 - 12/17/07 09:30 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Oh wow, that is SO not cool. What a HORRIBLE thing for him to do! And it bothers me that he doesn't even understand why you were so upset. I don't know your situation and it's none of my business anyway, but to me this spells a big red flag. I definitely don't think you should let him get away with this!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#320873 - 12/17/07 12:09 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

What a jerk! He knew full well that you wouldn't have normally gone, than to try and act innocent-grrrrrrrr. I don't know how you stayed either! I say he needs to make it up to you and fast, like this weekend-your choice of venue and a shopping spree to boot!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#320897 - 12/17/07 04:27 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

May I suggest a burning bag of poo?

That was lousy of him. Treat yourself to something wonderfully fun at his expense. I'm sorry sweetie.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review