All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
personal question - PG13
      #320637 - 12/13/07 06:57 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I should know better than to piggy-back on a post so I'll try again here.

Has anyone ever seen a sex therapist? If so, how'd it go? Was it weird? I'm thinking about it.

Anyone??

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: personal question - PG13 new
      #320639 - 12/13/07 07:01 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Nope, but I have done my share of sport f*ing to see what works and what doesn't in a relationship. Ah, college. Are you going with your mate?

~nelly~

Re: personal question - PG13 new
      #320641 - 12/13/07 07:13 PM
Flipada

I dunno. I've always been one to enjoy but not to the full experience, if you catch my drift. I know I can...with help but often with DH...or anyone for that matter (in the past), it has been difficult. What sparked this was waking up from having an O! So...I know it's not a physical thing...has to be psychological. Being normal and enjoying s*x to its fullest would be great! Just thought a therapist might be able to help but I'm not sure if I could deal with the discomfort of talking about it all.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Sorry if I am butting in ... new
      #320647 - 12/13/07 11:36 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

But does your husband know that you are thinking about seeing a therapist? Invite your husband to go with you. I would want to go with my wife if she decided to seek help. Especially if I had no idea that something was not right.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Sorry if I am butting in ... new
      #320648 - 12/14/07 04:39 AM
Flipada

Double J,
Not butting in at all! Yes, he knows. Actually, he was the one that suggested it. I just don't know how the whole s*x therapy thing goes...alone, with partner...or what. If it's in my head, don't I need to work on that alone? I dunno. This is all so weird. I just always accepted that it wouldn't be for me like it was for other people. I guess I'm just getting to that point in my life where I think that maybe I deserve to enjoy it more. Ya know?

--------------------
**Lauren**

#320681 - 12/14/07 08:05 AM
Double J

I would think that attending therapy with your wife would be an excellent way for a husband to learn how to help his sweetheart reach that satisfaction that is so deserved. It really is a learned talent for men. (My wife says "Amen"!)

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#320693 - 12/14/07 09:09 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

well how does one teach the "talent"? without offending him

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#320712 - 12/14/07 03:40 PM
Double J

You ask … "how does one teach the "talent"? without offending him"

My wife is the queen of my life. I still open doors for her, and help her with her coat. We cook, clean, paint the house, fish, ride horses, watch movies, play with children and grandchildren together. I just really enjoy being around her. I love her.

Now saying all that she would be the first to tell you that I can still really irk her off! I can really be a turd. But because of our closeness we can discuss anything.

What could be better then your lovely wife letting you know what pleases her? Most males would love to hear his wife explain just what she needs.

If you talk openly and freely with us (males) you are in essence telling us that we are needed. Explain yourself to your husband. How could someone be offended by that?

--------------------

#320723 - 12/14/07 06:55 PM
Flipada

My problem is not worrying about offending...it's more being unable to explain what I need. I know DH would like to know but maybe it's just that since I'm a teacher all day, it's hard to be a teacher at night, too??

--------------------
**Lauren**

#320737 - 12/15/07 07:26 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I hear ya on that Flipada .. I feel the same way. I do everything for the house and for us it would be nice if he took the time to want to be make me feel good.

Its so nice to hear you talk about your wife that way. My hubby isnt as open about "INTAMICY" as you so its not that easy.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6718

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review