Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Constant period
      #319974 - 12/03/07 07:19 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hey there,

So I am currently a little freaked out by what is happening with my body. For six months, starting last January, I did not get my period. After several blood tests and an ultrasound, it was determined by my OBGYN that I have a hormonal imbalance, and I was put on BC in August to help regulate my periods. I've been on birth control before, several years ago, so I knew what I was getting myself into. I did have a little of the initial nausea, spotting, and headaches, but they went away by September. Also, due to the fact that my IBS flares really bad when I have my period (I'm a D), my doctor told me to try going back-to-back with my pill packs so that I wouldn't get a period. Well, this worked up until last month. Since the beginning of November, I have been having my period non-stop. I don't always have all the symptoms associated with it, but at times the cramping and pain is a lot worse than I ever remember it being in the past. I'm thinking about talking to my doctor about switching pills, but I find it really weird that this would happen after I had already been on it for 3 months. I'm also concerned that something else might be going on...that, and the fact that I'm worried I might be losing a decent amount of blood. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? I really am confused and concerned Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerance

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Constant period new
      #319982 - 12/04/07 03:20 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I started my bc back in June and use it consistantly to stop the periods as well. My dr. had said it can take 4 months or longer for them to finally stop. I was still spotting last month for about 4 days. Previous to that I think I went all of October with a light flow. So, I'm still waiting for it to stop completely. Definately talk to your dr. if you are doing more than spotting. You may also want to make sure you are getting enough iron & B vitamins just to supplement any loss. Doesn't it just suck to be a woman sometimes. Men have it so easy.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

This happened to me new
      #320051 - 12/04/07 02:39 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

BC pills make me constantly bleed too. I'm fine for about a month, then I spot and bleed 24/7.

It's a normal reaction for people who can't handle the estrogen. I tried a number of lighter dose pills but had the same reaction.

~nelly~

#320055 - 12/04/07 04:05 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Definitely talk to your doctor/pharmacist about trying a different hormone dose. I don't mean to scare you with this, but the only time that has ever happened to me was when I had an ovarian cyst. I had my period constantly for a month. Has your doctor done any kind of ultrasound to rule out something like that?

Good luck! I know how much of an energy-drain that can be!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#321277 - 12/28/07 04:17 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

How's your stress level? After the birth of my 3rd child, my stress level was through the roof and I bled non-stop for 3 months. The doc gave me some hormone pills that stopped it, but he told me that my lifestyle needed to change or I would continue to have a problem - sure enough everytime I got really stressed, I would immediately start to flow very heavily. I've since had a hysterectomy - and am ever so thankful! I hope that you get it figured out and resolved!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1901

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review