All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Me update
      #319571 - 11/27/07 10:36 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I just finished my sinus infection meds today! My head feels great now! Was that 2 weeks already? I have to make an appointment with the sinus doc, and I also see my fibro doc in PA on Monday. Lots of appointments coming up! I might fire my fibro doc. Haven't decided yet.

So I totally got blown off by this recruiter this morning. I was supposed to get a call at 9am to do a phone screening and make an appointment to go in for a formal interview. So what time do I have to get up... YOU GUESSED IT, I got up at 5:45am so I could be stable by 9 when they called. (!!!)

Except nobody called.

So I'm sitting here like a rube, with all my reference material and resume, ready to shread this interview, and the phone never rang. I called the recruiter at 10am to ask when this company was going to buzz me. They said they left a message with the people and would call back.

It's going on 2pm, so I guess that's not going to happen either...

ARG! I hate getting psyched about a job and then getting played!!

Impatiently yours,

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Me update new
      #319611 - 11/27/07 10:26 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

So glad to hear you're feeling better! Yahoo! All that stress and trouble with the MRI and everything. Thank goodness for antibiotics.

Ugh. Did you hear anything else about that recruiter or were they going to reschedule the interview? How frustrating!

Long and frustrating process- getting a job new
      #319619 - 11/28/07 05:28 AM
Nelly

Hey M!M! Yes, I'm going to build an alter to antibiotics!!

OK, so the recruiter called me at 8:10 this morning and told me I had another phone interview at 9am! It's going to be a busy morning-- My mom is coming at 10, my rhumy appt is at 10:15, and then I have a CAT scan. *crossing eyes*

Those idiots at the recruiting office. They're supposed to cater to executive positions, but in reality they themselves are fresh out of college. So eager, so stupid.

OK, gotta get my game face on! WISH ME LUCK!

~nelly~

I got an interview!! new
      #319630 - 11/28/07 06:50 AM
Nelly

Yeaa! I got an interview!

The company representative finally called me (late again!) and asked me to go in for a face to face interview on Friday! Yeaaa!

The position is below what I'm used to, but who cares, it's money. And possible insurance! So that's good. Working 9-5 at a desk job will suck, but oh well.

BF is thrilled. He sees money bags now, when he looks at me, I'm convinced.

She wants to make a final decision in the next 2 weeks, so I might have a job by 2008! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

~happy nelly~

P.S. (Getting ready to go off for my CAT scan now. Wish me luck that I have no brain slugs remaining!)

~n~

Hurray! new
      #319650 - 11/28/07 09:48 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'll keep my fingers, toes, knees, even eyes crossed for you!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: I got an interview!! new
      #319651 - 11/28/07 09:48 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

GOod luck with your cat scan. I expect an update!

Also, CONGRATS on getting an interview! Wooooo! The 8 am and 9 am calls this morning sounded frustrating, but that's good that it turned into something positive. I think a desk job will probably be good for your body (and the fibro) -- so you can rest. Just find times to get some stretching in. Oh, you might get insurance?! AWESOME! Good job, Nelly! YAYAYAYAYAY! Best of luck in the interview -- I'm sure you'll do great!

Good things!! new
      #319666 - 11/28/07 11:33 AM
Nelly

OK, good things!! I went to see my rhumy, and she said I was responding to the sinus antibiotics and didn't need a CAT scan! Just as good, she gave my next 2 weeks of medicine for free!!

AND she gave me a referral to a pain management clinic who are taking me in for a consultation next week!

AND they called about the job just now-- The lady who interviewed me over the phone called them to say she enjoyed talking to me! They also told me she'd screened other people but I was the only person she asked for a face-to-face interview!!! *jumping up and down*

Happy happy! Joy joy!

My back is kinda out right now (probably because I've been dancing all those mental jigs! ), so I'm going to lie down and grin to myself now!!

~nelly~

Re: Wooohoooo Nelly! Lots of luck -nt- new
      #319864 - 12/01/07 08:04 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Good things!! new
      #320048 - 12/04/07 02:19 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

yay!!! that's wonderful news, Nelly!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review