All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Alcohol
      #319432 - 11/25/07 09:37 PM
mark28

Reged: 11/25/07

Are there any types of alcohol I can drink?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Alcohol new
      #319492 - 11/26/07 03:03 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I think small amounts of white wine after a good SF meal are ok. BUT you should be stabel. I haven't tried any yet, but am planning on it for Christams

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#319520 - 11/26/07 06:08 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I have not had any form of alcohol for about 8 or so years. The last time I tried it I got severly sick with a full blown attack so I am afraid to have the littlest bit. Some people, however, can still drink. I just I guess can not. Probably does me good anyway, since my father is a recovering alcoholic

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#319590 - 11/27/07 01:08 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

It all depends on your body. Everyone tolerates things differently. Luckily, I don't notice much of a change in my IBS when I consume moderate amounts of some alcohol. I drink wine almost daily. Just a glass or two at dinner. Red or white. It doesn't seem to bother me. But, on days where my stomach is iffy, I don't have any.

I also do well with vodka. And, strangely enough, Irish whiskey agrees with me in small doses. I love beers, but can't really tolerate them well. If I have more than one, I know I'm in for some gas and pain and possibly D. Fruity mixed drinks are totally out for me! But they're so sweet they gross me out anyway, so I don't miss em a bit.

However, in excess, all of the above will give me IBS symptoms without fail. The trick for me is moderation and a full tummy. Even then you have to be careful. Listen to your body!

#319613 - 11/28/07 12:44 AM
mark28

Reged: 11/25/07

hi.
Thanks alot for the reply's. I am 27 and I have been realy frustrated lately as it is summer her in New Zealand and all my mates are having drinks all the time, so I have been a we bit frustrated. The doctors havent given me a diagnosis yet, but everything is pointing towards ibs. I am waiting to go in for a colonoscopy, when ever that may be. I really appreciate that you guys have taken the time to give me some info.
Thanks heaps

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2937

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review