All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Thanks Ladies
      #319166 - 11/20/07 05:54 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Wow, wow, wow michele!! I haven't been here in forever, and found your post. I'm SO happy that you finally have a diagnosis and can get started on the road to recovery.

Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling a bit better new
      #319181 - 11/20/07 07:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

My heart rate is down to a more normal range after switching my medications around a bit. It was running in the 120-130's at REST but its down to a more reasonable 80's range now-its a huge improvement in how I feel!

I am still very short of breath and get winded very easy, no real physical activity for me as the sarcoidosis has caused so many lymph nodes to grow in my chest and on my lungs. I seem to be tolerating the imuran ok which I am very happy about. I still am tired and need a good 10 hours of sleep at night but thats doable!

Work is slow which is a mixed blessing as it makes for some VERY long days!

We are leaving Thursday am to go to the in laws, its a 5 hour drive, ack! Not really looking forward to it but will try to make the best of it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Feeling a bit better new
      #319187 - 11/20/07 08:50 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Michele- Glad to hear that some of the meds are working and that your heart rate is down now. I am also glad that you have doctors working with you to help get you feeling better. I want to wish you a Happy and Restful Thanksgiving! (I will be busy with Ava's b-day party this weekend! Can you believe she'll be 1 already??)

Re: The answer is new
      #319230 - 11/20/07 03:46 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

This is what I get for not checking in... This is wonderful news, Michele! I'm SO HAPPY that you finally have some answers! I'm going to finish reading all these posts now...!

Take care of yourself and feel better soon! You are such an amazing woman.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. Yay Michele!! n/t new
      #319305 - 11/21/07 03:13 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Hay Michele new
      #320773 - 12/15/07 11:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hadn't heard from you for a while so just wanted to know if the in-laws had let you come back home. Miss you! Post when you can, sweetie.

~nelly~

Re: Hay Michele new
      #320875 - 12/17/07 12:26 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I escaped! I am ok. I am waiting for the pulmonologist to call. I saw him Friday and he is trying to get me into some sort of study or protocol. I have exhausted all the drug options available and he is calling two hospitals to see what else is available.

Otherwise, just trying to get back into the swing of life. I am trying to work out again but its slow going after being sedetary from the pain for the past couple of years. I am on a diet and trying really hard but the weight is so slow to come off. I am only eating about 1200 calories a day and just can't eat any less or I might kill someone from hunger!

We didn't get up x-mas decorations this year either, first I had a cold than I gave it to Will, which he was ever so grateful for! We will exchange just a couple of gifts to keep from spending much. I think we will just hang out at home and have a nice dinner together. What are your plans?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#320900 - 12/17/07 04:29 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

I am trying to work out again but its slow going after being sedetary from the pain for the past couple of years.

How is your pain now? Are you feeling better?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#320904 - 12/17/07 05:13 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I absolutely hate the holidays so I'm hibernating and waiting until it's all over! No stockings, no presents this year. I just refuse!

BUT, I did get myself a George Forman grill, the new red one, and I'm trying to make smores with it. That thing just is dying to be misused. There's nothing like snapping it shut on some hunk of cold thing and delighting in the sizzle.

I also went to an office xmas party which sucked. The agency who is hiring me for my new job is d*cking me around and won't call me when they say they will.

But on the good end, I've grown addicted to marshmallow fluff and actually enjoy zapping the heck out of my dissolving back teeth with it!! Good stuff!

~nelly~

#320917 - 12/18/07 04:27 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Well this sounds pretty ok (compared with what it's been like for you in the past I mean). Glad to see you're feeling a bit better.

Big hugs,

Ulrika

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 619 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review