All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi
      #319151 - 11/19/07 07:39 PM
Paula J

Reged: 11/05/07

Just wanted to say hello . I'm new here . I also have my first colonoscopy on Wednesday and I'm terrified .
I 'm not sure if this is the right board to post on but thought it was a good place to start.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi new
      #319157 - 11/19/07 08:32 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Hi there. You know I have had 3 colonoscopies over the years and have had zero problems. The prep is the worse. My wife just had her first colonoscopy to just get checked and she too was terrified, but afterwards she said that it really was nothing to worry about. It really is a fairly simple procedure.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Hi new
      #319290 - 11/21/07 12:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

HI and Welcome! They've come a long way with colonoscopies since I had mine about 6 years ago. Everyone will tell you the prep is the worst part of it. The actual test is a breeze. They medicate you so you don't remember or feel anything and when you are done the procedure they give you this other medication that supposedly makes you feel fine when you leave. Good luck and just remember, it's the only way to rule out serious things so it's better to have the procedure than not to! Oh and the good news is, if it comes back ok, you won't need another for 10 years!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review