All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
BAD MRI results
      #318527 - 11/13/07 04:48 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I just got the pictures back from my MRI. The bain of my existence.

The docs don't like the glowing white "goop" in the middle section under the nose. They say it has to be biopsied and probably come out. Through a needle inserted into my nose or my eye. *excuse me while I freak out*

It will be either somewhere left of routine, or quite serious. My BF has emotionally checked out. Here's the picture:

I have been crying for days.

I don't know what to do.

I have the pre-surgery interview tomorrow. I've cleaned my room so many times, it looks like someone else's. I haven't told my friends. I cry all the time. Anyone who wants to post to me please do so. I need the company and can't deal right now. I really just need some company. I feel like I have no one outside of these boards to cry with, and I'm scared.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BAD MRI results new
      #318534 - 11/13/07 05:16 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey Nelly,

Boy it sounds like you have had a scary day. I am sorry that your upset and feeling overwhelmed. Maybe its not anything to major. Yes, the way they have to remove it will be scary but I am sure you will be fine. Big hugs..........sometimes men just dont get how freaked out we get. But I do and I am sure many others will be posting there support too.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#318536 - 11/13/07 05:50 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Nelly, I'm so sorry. That has to be really scary. And having an unsupportive BF doesn't help matters. You know, as strange as it is to say I have this group of "cyber" friends that I love to death but have never met, I've gotten so much support and comfort from people on these boards. We're not just friends in cyberspace...we're friends.

I sure hope your tests come out well. Try not to let it consume you. There have been so many times I've freaked about something and worried and then it turned out to be nothing and then I realize how much time and energy I wasted on the "what ifs". I know it's easy for me to say as I'm not in your shoes. Just try to stay calm and know that we're all here for you whenever you need us.
Hugs.
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#318538 - 11/13/07 06:01 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Nelly:

I know right where you are because we were there last week with our baby girl. I know the feeling of fear and the horrible feeling of powerlessness.

Try to distract yourself as much as possible, and if you're done cleaning, try some other project that will give you a similar sense of control. I know how horrible the waiting game is. Please hang in there!

I hope the pre-surgery appointment will help to put you at ease. If not, maybe you can get some sedatives. I was *thisclose* to asking for them last week.

Sending you big (((((Hugs!)))))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#318540 - 11/13/07 06:19 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

***HUGS, HUGS, HUGS***

You are in my thoughts.

#318548 - 11/13/07 06:53 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh Nel!!

I don't know what to say - I'm hear as a e-shoulder to cry on. I'll put a prayer in for you!!

HUGS!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#318565 - 11/14/07 02:53 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Lots of Hugs out to you! The waiting game is the worst. Just know some of cyberfriends are just a stone's throw away. You sound like me with the cleaning. Try organizing the pantry and spice cabinet. A sedative probably would be a great idea to help get you through all this. We are all thinking about you.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Prelim appt with ear nose and throat surgeon new
      #318590 - 11/14/07 08:59 AM
Nelly

My mom is over and I'm just getting ready to go out the door. I haven't slept a wink all night, besides taking 7 or 8 tranquillizers. Gonna be quite a day as I fight to understand what's going on with my head.

Thanks for being there, guys. I am so scared right now. And yes, there is nothing left to clean.

~nelly~

#318612 - 11/14/07 10:50 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Nelly! I would also freak out thinking about a needle being inserted into my face. !!! You have sedatives, right?

BIG, GIANT HUGS!

UPDATE: CAT scan new
      #318637 - 11/14/07 02:50 PM
Nelly

Got to meet a really terrific doc today. A real winner. She took one look at my MRI and promptly declared it bullsh*t. "you're getting a CAT scan," she says. So I go to the front of the line and in 30 minutes I have a CAT SCAN in hand, sitting in front of this awesome doc, who tells me, "You must feel like sh*t."

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

She tells me I have the worst sinus infection she's ever seen and I need high level antibiotics, pronto. Killer antibiotics they give to elephants. Antibiotics that eat other antibiotics. But they're $70. Problem? No problem! She gives me a giant shopping bag full of the entire cycle. Come back for more, she says.

(Yes, my friends, this means I have probably officially died. I probably never even made it to my appointments, just keeled over in my eggs this morning. This is the most logical explanation.)

Well, I haven't slept for 2 nights, so I'm going to nod off now. You are the best group of friends to listen. You've carried me on your shoulders in this really horrible time. Words cannot explain how much I've needed you and how you've come through for me. A special thanks to the ones who've emailed me.

*still very moody*

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8077

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review