All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Might have a diagnosis!
      #318395 - 11/12/07 07:40 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes ladies and gentleman, I am NOT just fat and depressed, that's right, Oh, I AM actually sick, pretty darned sick at that!!

When I saw the dr last Friday am, she sent me directly to the cardiologist who sent me directly to the hospital, do not pass go, do not stop home for clean panties!!!!

My heart rate, resting, was over 150, my blood pressure had fallen from the 170's/90's to under 100/50! They admitted me, starting testing, reran the chest cat scan and found that I had a ton of lymph nodes growing all over my lungs. Ok, lets now do an abdominal cat scan and gee, guess what, more funny growths in the abdomen and groin area.

Got everyone excited, even the cancer doctors came to visit. To make a long story a tad shorter, I either have sarcoidosis, read here http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/sarc/sar_whatis .html
or I have lymphoma.

They did a biopsy, under general anesthetic. cut me just above my adams apple, went fishing and brought out a bunch of samples of what I am growing. Off to the lab with my tissue and we want until Tuesday now for the exact answer. However, the drs said it looked like sarcoidosis and I have all the right symptoms, down to the eye problems, the racing heart, the dry cough, the list goes on.

I am back at my office today despite pleas from the drs not to, I need my job! I feel like a mac truck ran me over. My heart rate is still extremely high and any movement sends it soaring even more. My face and neck are still swollen from the biopsy. I am hoping to get those results tomorrow. Both options are crappy and I really would like an option C here but if its the sarcoid, than it may be the answer as to why I have been feeling so bad for so long!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Might have a diagnosis! new
      #318400 - 11/12/07 08:17 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Michelle,
I pop in from time to time, and I've been reading your posts. Please know that I am praying for you!! I'm sending many gentle hugs for this most difficult time. Hang in there!!

Kim

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#318402 - 11/12/07 09:18 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

A diagnosis is a good thing, so you know what you're dealing with. Your body is telling you to take care of yourself, and rather strongly. Heed it's message. Be gentle, take time off, heal yourself. The body has remarkable healing abilities. Read books that are uplifting, about people who have overcome great odds or illnesses. Have you tried writing your feelings down in a journal? That can be healing, too. Someone wrote, (I think is was Richard Bach in his book "Illusions") that we are never given a problem without also being given the ability to overcome it (or is it the solution? I don't remember). Anyway, you are stronger than you think. Good luck!

#318405 - 11/12/07 09:49 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Michele! WOW! I just read up on sarcoidosis and those symptoms really match yours!

I can't believe you went back to work. I totally understand though -- but please take it easy and if you start feeling bad (or worse!) go home or go to the hospital. Is it possible for you to go on FMLA?

Big hugs! I hope things go well at the doctor's tomorrow.

Oh wow! new
      #318408 - 11/12/07 11:00 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I read up on the sarcoidosis and I agree with you it does seem like they might have a winner. I bet you're like: what took you freaking doctors so long?!?!?!

I'm thinking of you and hoping they can give you some sort of good news in all of this when it comes to prognosis et.c.

Big hugs,

Ulrika

#318444 - 11/12/07 06:57 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I hope this is your answer. While you may not get a third option, at least you'll know what you're dealing with and be able to move forward. Good luck!!

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#318450 - 11/12/07 07:41 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

I'm just so happy that you're being taken seriously and properly evaluated! I hope you get answers!

(((Hugs!)))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#318451 - 11/12/07 07:43 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I just read your other post Michele and, I'm not one prone to crying, but it really made me cry! Now reading this one, I am sure you feel somewhat relieved knowing what exactly may be wrong. It's so much easier to move forward once you have a diagnosis.

On a side note, I am so sorry that you are going through all this and truly hope you get some reprieve from your suffering soon! I find your strength inspiring. I've been wallowing in my own pain and b.s. lately with my IBS and reading what you are going through makes me realize that while my stuff is bad, there are people out there enduring far worse suffering. You sharing your story gives me some courage to keep trying!

Take care and best of luck to you as you begin to heal!

#318475 - 11/13/07 06:44 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

WOW, it would be wonderful if you could finally get a diagnosis...sure hope you get some workable answers/results on Tues.... {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Might have a diagnosis!
      #318478 - 11/13/07 07:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I feel funny saying this is good? But I know that you have waited so long to have a diagnosis. Maybe now you can get your life back on track and start to feel good. I am praying for you! *hugs*

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 493 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review