All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need some hope
      #317811 - 11/02/07 07:55 AM
david8463

Reged: 10/19/04
Loc: Florida

For many years, I have controlled IBS-C through eating safe foods, especially loads of white rice and rice pastas, in addition to peas, carrots and chicken (ground and breasts), ground turkey, and fish. Things have changed, as I am now experiencing stinging and burning in my arms and legs which has not been officially diagnosed but may well be fibromyalgia. I see a neuro and gastro and they are running tests.

After loads of reading, I discovered the "inflammatory factor" of foods, and so I have begun to screen all my meals by their IF numbers. It's an effort I make even while at work, looking up numbers and making choices.

However, I am finding that what was once safe for IBS must now be set aside because of their IF number, which I get from the Nutritional Data website. Grains, for instance, are highly inflammatory.

So...once again, my weight has plummetted, because, in the course of trying less inflammatory foods, the IBS pains kick in.

Does anyone know of a diet that is both anti-inflammatory and IBS safe? I've read many writings online and they run the gamut: from "eat red meat" to "avoid all grains." Please help me to add weight and work against the inflammation.

David

--------------------
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will we not fear.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need some hope new
      #317815 - 11/02/07 08:35 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

Since you have IBS-C, you might be able to handle a less floury diet - I'm not familiar with the IF numbers, but if it's leading you towards more vegetables and such, you might be alright. I've read some evidence for sugars and starch triggering an inflammatory response, so if you can get your SF from veggies and supplements, you might be headed in the right direction.

Of course, wait for the fibro diagnosis. It might be something else, something that allows you to keep up with the IBS diet that's been working for you so far.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 702

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review